Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impressive Hung Gar Fist Form

Quote Originally Posted by iron_silk View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyw86vuFsJ8

I don't study Hung Gar but it looks like Tiger and Crane, right?
    yes, fu hok.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Andreas Garski?

I met him a while back when I visited Germany as a guest of Andreas Hoffman. I believe he was a student of Chiu Chi Ling.

He was very talented. If you practice good, you will be good, no matter what race.

CLF and Hung Gar are two sides of the same coin. Probably Wong Fei Hung had some influence of CLF...

Hung Gar is basically body first, then bridge; CLF is hand first, then body. Advanced practitioners of each do both and look almost the same.
    I think this is determined by the lineage/style of the individual CLF player. There are some CLF guys that look almost strictly northern in the fajing and technique execution/feel and does not resemble Hung Gar at all.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

There's a problem with wearing those kung fu boots - they have no traction - that's why he almost fell - twice - once at 0:46 and again near the end.

Overall a very nice performance of a different variation of Butterfly Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by secretgecko View Post
    There's a problem with wearing those kung fu boots - they have no traction - that's why he almost fell - twice - once at 0:46 and again near the end.

Overall a very nice performance of a different variation of Butterfly Palm.
    I love his performance (as I commented over a year ago) but I do find him leaning forward too much.

But I am not a hung gar practicioner so...

I agree with Iron Silk- The Hung Gar Penang- is impressive. The performer is very enthusiastic. Hung Gar suits large people well. Thanks for the good video.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com