Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Grey

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    Well, maybe someone SHOULD criticize them for doing it.

I have known a number of instructors who seem to use their school and position at events, seminars, etc... to expand their sexual hunting ground... all the while preaching about Martial Ethics.

They should have learned the lesson I learned just out of college as an engineer :

Never accept anything from a vendor that you can't eat (and no, you REALLY can't eat that...)

Don't get your meat where you get your bread

And if it seems like you are breaking an ethical rule, you probably are.
    we prefer to put it out there straight, we say

"do not shit where you eat, PERIOD"

everyone associated with me knows and lives by this.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Shi Yan Ming is MARRIED to one of his students, is he still sleeping with other ones?
    when i just started kung fu i heard people talk rumor he was sleping and when i saw him on tv he said theyre not married a few years ago

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    when i just started kung fu i heard people talk rumor he was sleping and when i saw him on tv he said theyre not married a few years ago
    I really don't keep up with the "monks (cough*BS*cough*crap*cough*sorrygene*cough) so I wouldn't really know except they always called her his wife (among other things they called her!)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

KY; Land of the Meth-Mouth, Redneck-Cracker, and Wanna-Be-Thug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    In spite of all the bad press about him I am happy that Mr Grey was acquitted...
    Lokhopkuen, I am disappointed you feel this way.

https://www.malesurvivor.org/board/u...=243498&page=1

The stigma of sexual abuse for the victims lasts a life time. Just think how many people’s lives he has ruined with his actions. I’m glad this person (user name: jggab) is seeking therapy and has filed a sworn statement.
    The "Iron Palm" is no match for the sharp tongue of the woman you love or her "Iron Skillet" as you sleep.

A reply to Master Dugas

NO, it is not alright for a teacher to sleep with their students. And, because I am not a direct student of Brian Gray (having really only met him on several occasions), I was not privy to the volumes of information that have surfaced in this thread. Am I shocked to hear these reports? Of course. Do I feel lied to? Not necessarily. I knew that he was gay, but I didn't hold it against him. ( He never made a move on me, and let me tell you, being in show business as I am, I know when a guy's hitting on me. )

I joined Shao Lin San after he left Florida to return to Delaware. His seniors students were my teachers, and even though there was no clear "lineage" other than Master Gray himself, the forms were practical. We trained in the curriculum and I was happy to have some kind of kung fu to explore. My contact with him included his visits to our school in Florida; on two occasions I flew north - once for an Iron Palm seminar, another to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the school. More recently ( November 2001 ) my instructor and I went up to Pennsylvania to help with a demonstration and the opening of a new studio. On all these trips, Master Gray was generous and kind, and showed more hospitality than I deserved.

The subject of Master Gray's teachers has come up from time to time, although I would never be so bold as to ask him directly. Besides, it never really mattered to me. His reputation - ill or otherwise - was broached in a very gentlemanly way to me by Master Nick Scrima, as we sat next to each other at the poker table. He remarked that Master Gray had raised some controversy in the martial world, but then he said nothing more. Not knowing the details, I had no response.

I am not a "closed door" student of Master Gray, so I don't owe him that level of loyalty. I'm not an instructor in his school, because Shao Lin San doesn't exists anymore, as far as I know. I AM an instructor for his (currently) senior student, although we have radically changed the curriculum; we don't even wear the uniform of Shao Lin San, and there are no references to Master Gray. As to the question of following someone who has "the morals of a pig", I myself am not perfect. I haven't engaged in this kind of behavior, but it would be wrong of me to pass judgement. I feel sorry in hindsight for the circumstances that led to his vilification, but I won't denounce him. Nor will I defend him. His actions led him to this place, where he has attracted the contempt you all exhibit. Looking over the body of evidence and vitriolic emotions triggered by this thread, I can see that you are justified in your feelings. I have no rebuttal to offer.

published newspaper articles 1

Martial arts instructor accused of sex offenses

By: Dewey Fox 04/15/2003

According to Smith, Gray first came under scrutiny on March 30 when one of his former martial arts pupils came forward and told authorities that Gray had sexually assaulted him on several occasions. The victim, whose name was not released, is a 32-year-old white male. The alleged sex offenses began in 1984 when he was 13, police said.

At the time of the offenses, Gray owned the Shao Lin San Kung Fu School at 111 W. Main Street, Elkton. The victim told state police investigators Gray had kept him at the studio after the martial arts lessons had ended and molested him. The studio has been closed for a number of years. Police also allege Gray brought the boy to his Mountain Hill Road residence near Perryville where he allegedly performed sex acts with him and took pictures and videos.

The victim informed investigators that these incidents began in 1984 and continued on a weekly basis for the next four years. The alleged offenses ended when the boy was 17, police said. Delaware police arrested Gray on Tuesday, April 8, and held him until Friday when he was extradited to Cecil County. A district court commissioner set his bond at $65,000, a figure Gray has been unable to meet. Smith said the victim has named other students of Gray's studio who had also been sexually abused. As it stands, no charges have been filed against Gray in any of those cases. However, the investigation remains open, Smith said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kung fu expert held in sex abuse
    *Del. teacher faces charges in Md.

By: TERRI SANGINITI 04/16/2003

A longtime Delaware martial arts instructor has been charged with sex offenses by Maryland State Police in connection with the molestation of a 13-year-old karate student nearly 20 years ago. Delaware State Police arrested Brian W. Gray, 51, on fugitive charges April 8 at his Newport Kung Fu studio, 409 Meco Drive.

Gray was extradited Friday to Maryland, where authorities charged him with two counts each of second- and third-degree sex offense, and one count each of child abuse, perverted sex practice and sodomy. He is being held in the Cecil County jail after failing to post $65,000 bail, Maryland State Police Trooper Susan Smith said. Gray, who has been teaching martial arts for 32 years, has operated several Kung Fu schools in the area over the years, including in Elkton, Bear, Peddlers Village and Newport.

Smith said the victim, now is in his early 30s, came forward March 30 with the accusations against Gray dating to 1984. She did not say why the victim waited so long to report the alleged incidents. The victim, who was a student at the now-closed Shao Lin San Kung Fu School on West Main Street in Elkton, told police Gray allegedly molested him over a four-year period at Gray's Perryville, Md., home.

Gray, who bills himself as the "the father of the Iron Palm in America," was credited in the January issue of Inside Kung-Fu magazine with helping to popularize the iron palm technique, a Chinese kung fu skill involving physical hand strikes coupled with the use of the mind. The magazine called Gray one of the 30 most influential Chinese stylists of the past 30 years. Smith said the investigation is continuing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sex offender case realigned
    *Grand jury to determine charges

By: Carl Hamilton 05/08/2003

Now prosecutors will attempt to charge Gray through a grand jury indictment, all part of some technical maneuvering on the state's part, Eastridge explained. "The decision to drop the charges as filed in district court in this case was purely a strategic one. It is not, in any way, indicative of a decision not to pursue prosecution in this case,'' Eastridge said. He continued, "In fact, it is my intention to present this case to the grand jury, which meets in the middle of this month, and it would be my expectation that an indictment will be forthcoming following that grand jury session."

Assistant State's Attorney Brenda Sexton dropped all eight counts against Gray on Wednesday in Cecil County District Court, as directed by Eastridge. The list of dropped charges included child abuse, second-degree sex offense, sodomy and engaging in unnatural and perverted sex practice. Sexton dropped the case during a court docket that included a preliminary hearing for Gray. In doing so, the prosecutor made Gray's preliminary hearing unnecessary and, as a result, one never occurred.

In a preliminary hearing, prosecutors typically call their witnesses to testify in an effort to convince a judge that enough evidence exists to warrant a criminal trial for the defendant. Those state witnesses also are subject to cross-examination by the defense. A preliminary hearing, therefore, gives the defense an early look at the state's case. Without a preliminary hearing, the defense must wait until the "discovery" phase of the case to learn what evidence prosecutors possess. "Well, I guess I won't get my fishing expedition,'' commented Gray's defense attorney, Harry D. Barnes III, after prosecutors dropped the case Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday, Barnes told the Whig that he looked forward to the preliminary hearing. "My client maintains his innocence," Barnes said. "I want the opportunity to question these criminal investigators. I filed this motion for a preliminary hearing because I want to find out what (prosecutors) have." If prosecutors seek charges against Gray through a grand jury indictment, though, Barnes won't have such an opportunity. He won't even be permitted in the grand jury room. The grand jury, a 23-member panel that usually convenes once a month in circuit court, hears the state's cases in relative private.

As chief prosecutor, Eastridge calls state witnesses to testify and then the grand jury determines if it should indict the defendant, based on the evidence presented. With no defense lawyers present to cross-examine the witnesses, a grand jury session is a one-sided affair. According to Eastridge, several factors prompted him to charge Gray in district court last month instead of a seeking a grand jury indictment, which automatically places a case in circuit court and makes a preliminary hearing unnecessary. Eastridge declined to detail those reasons on the record, explaining that he didn't want to publicize sensitive information about the police investigation.

He opted to forgo the district court charges and seek a grand jury indictment instead after discussing it with the case's lead investigator, Tfc. Susan Smith of the Maryland State Police. "This wasn't some rogue decision on my part," Eastridge noted. Gray is accused of engaging in various sexual acts with a teen-aged boy who attended his Shao Lin San Kung Fu School in the 100 block of West Main Street in Elkton in the 1980s. (The school no longer exists here.)

The complainant, now 32, alleges that Gray sexually abused him almost weekly, starting when he was 13 and ending when he quit the martial arts school at age 17, according to court records. It began shortly after the boy started to attend Gray's kung fu school in January 1984, court records show. According to court records, Gray sexually abused the boy at his martial arts studio after class and, on numerous other occasions, at Gray's residence in the 500 block of Mountain Hill Road near Perryville.

The Maryland State Police launched an investigation March 30 after the complainant contacted the agency. Police arrested Gray early last month, and he later posted a $65,000 bond. Court documents indicate that the police investigation remains open.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by photo-master; 04-06-2009 at 04:24 PM.
    The "Iron Palm" is no match for the sharp tongue of the woman you love or her "Iron Skillet" as you sleep.

published newspaper articles 2

Main head Grand jury indicts Gray in sex abuse
    * 3 former kung fu students involved

By:Carl Hamilton 05/20/2003

Gray faces multiple counts of child abuse, second-degree sex offense, third-degree sex offense and unnatural and perverted sex practice, Eastridge reported. The state will make arrangements with Gray's attorney, Harry D. Barnes III, to serve Gray with charging documents sometime this week and then handle bond issues, Eastridge said. Officials released Gray on $65,000 bond last month after police charged him with eight counts in the original case in Cecil County District Court.

As part of some technical maneuvering, however, the state dropped all eight of those preliminary charges May 7. Eastridge opted to pursue a grand jury indictment in Cecil County Circuit Court instead. The new criminal case against Gray addresses three alleged victims, not one. "What happened between the filing of the first charges and today is that two more victims are willing to come forward now," Eastridge said Monday after presenting his cases to the grand jury. Barnes could not be reached for comment Monday. Two weeks ago, while discussing the original case against Gray, Barnes said, "My client maintains his innocence."

The original case related to one former student, now 32, who alleged that Gray engaged in various sexual acts with him at his Shao Lin San Kung Fu School in the 100 block of West Main Street in Elkton in the 1980s. (The school no longer exists here.) That complainant alleged that Gray sexually abused him almost weekly, starting when he was 13 and ending when he quit the martial arts school at age 17, according to court records. It began shortly after the boy started attending Gray's kung fu school in January 1984, court records show. According to court records, Gray sexually abused the boy at his martial arts studio after class and, on numerous other occasions, at Gray's residence in the 500 block of Mountain Hill Road near Perryville. The Maryland State Police launched an investigation March 30 after the complainant contacted the agency. Police arrested Gray in early April.

"He (the complainant) also stated that Gray would take photographs and videos of him performing sexual acts with other students in the class,'' according to a report filed by lead investigator, Tfc. Susan Smith. Detectives were able to contact three of the 11 alleged victims identified by the original complainant and, at the outset, they wished to remain anonymous, court records show. "All three male victims do not have a criminal history, are gainfully employed, and two now have families of their own ... All three victims have not had contact with each other or the defendant since they were teenagers," Smith noted in her report. Two of those alleged victims have since waived their anonymity to testify as state witnesses, Eastridge said. Meanwhile, the original complainant maintains his sexual abuse allegations in this circuit court case, Eastridge added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kung fu instructor not guilty
    * Gray innocent of sex charges

By: Carl Hamilton 12/04/2003

Brian Wayne Gray didn't sexually abuse two students in his now-defunct kung fu school in Elkton about 20 years ago, according to a jury verdict returned Wednesday. The Cecil County Circuit Court jury deliberated about an hour at the conclusion of his three-day trial before acquitting Gray, 52, of Perryville, of all 18 criminal charges against him. The jury found Gray not guilty of multiple counts of child abuse, unnatural and perverted sex practice, second-degree sex offense and third-degree sex offense.

Gray wept as the jury forewoman read the not guilty verdicts, standing beside his lawyer, Harry D. Barnes III, at the defense table. In his closing argument Wednesday morning, Barnes maintained that the two alleged victims conspired against his client -- one wanting to extort $30,000 from him and the other seeking payback as Gray's jilted gay lover. (The defense stipulated that Gray is a h-o-m-osexual at the outset of the trial.) "The motive is money. The motive is bad blood," Barnes told jurors. According to Barnes, the mere allegations of sexual abuse against his client forced Gray to close a kung fu school he had been operating elsewhere because parents pulled their children. "It's called the sex game, and it can ruin your life," Barnes said, referring to making child abuse claims for ulterior motives. He continued, "Everything my client has worked for 32 years is gone. Even if he's acquitted, he'll carry this stigma for the rest of his life."

Assistant State's Attorney Keith A. Baynes, meanwhile, questioned the plausibility of the alleged victims jeopardizing their careers and families -- one is married with children -- to accuse Gray of committing offenses 20 years ago. "It took a lot of courage for them to come here ... to tell you about these horrible and terrible things,'' Baynes said. The alleged victims told their stories to numerous "strangers" in this legal process, including police investigators, prosecutors, judges and jurors, Baynes noted. According to Baynes, Gray took advantage of the students' respect for him as a kung fu competitor with a high national ranking, in addition to him being their marital arts instructor. The alleged victims didn't come forward as children because Gray told them that they, as well as he, would be arrested for the sexual contact, Baynes said. Nor did they contact authorities as young adults because of shame, which they also felt as children, he added. But one of the alleged victims "couldn't take it anymore" by last March, according to Baynes.

That former student, now 32, blamed his chronic drug abuse, depression, suicidal tendencies and his own sexual deviation on the sexual abuse he allegedly suffered as a child and concealed for 20 years. By the former student's own admission, he served time in prison after being convicted in 1993 of molesting a boy. The former student said he later dedicated his life to Christ, gained sobriety, and decided to "start the healing process for my closure" by dealing with his sexual abuse. A Cecil County grand jury handed up the indictment against Gray last May after a Maryland State Police investigation prompted by the former student's allegations. The probe led to another former student who also claimed that Gray sexually molested him in the 1980s. According to court records, Gray allegedly engaged in various sexual acts with them at his Shao Lin San Kung Fu School in the 100 block of West Main Street in Elkton and at his Perryville residence. It allegedly occurred routinely for approximately three years for one student, and a year-and-a-half for the other, ending when both students left the school, court records show.

In his closing argument, Barnes stressed that the first alleged victim to speak with authorities had monetary reasons to accuse Gray. That former student asked Gray to give him $5,000 in 1993 to pay for a lawyer after authorities charged him with child abuse, Barnes said. And when Gray declined, the former student vowed to get even, he added. Barnes said the former student had been fixated on Gray for years, following his martial arts accomplishments. Last January, that former student ordered Gray to pay him $30,000 to prevent him from making sexual abuse allegations against him, Barnes said. The state, meanwhile, maintained that the two alleged victims hadn't seen or interacted with Gray -- nor each other -- since attending the kung fu school in the 1980s. Both former students denied the extortion allegations made by the defense.

Baynes also questioned why Gray didn't report the blackmail threats to police if they did, indeed, occur. The other alleged victim conspired against Gray because Gray had jilted him, according to Barnes. Gray and that former student -- an adult at that point -- maintained a h-o-m-osexual relationship that included going to gay nightclubs together, Barnes said. The former student became irate when Gray ended their relationship and started seeing another man, Barnes added. According to the former student's testimony, he hadn't seen Gray since leaving the kung fu school back in the 1980s and, therefore, didn't have any such relationship with him. Both former students denied being gay. In his closing argument, Baynes referred to Barnes' various allegations against the alleged victims as a "defense in the making," suggesting he offered explanations after reviewing the state's case. The prosecutor told the jury, "It all boils down to who are you going to believe."
    Last edited by photo-master; 04-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Brian is a liar. Plain and simple.

i had a student who was trying to start a "cult". he then said he was using it to get women into sexual relations with him. then he tried to recruit my students into his "cult" i had to ask him to leave. he told them it was a bible study group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Expressing confidence in religious matters is the easiest way to get a woman in bed. Anybody who does that is a scumbag.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i had a student who was trying to start a "cult"....then he tried to recruit my students into his "cult" i had to ask him to leave. he told them it was a bible study group.
    Mixing/turning martial arts into a cult is bad news. However even worse yet is when you pervert the word of GOD to sway peoples beliefs. This is why my righteous indignation flares up with Brian gray.

“Fight Bible Thunpers with the Bible!”
    http://www.planetout.com/msgbrd/read...=433&id=318552

You can order my new books,“Sodom and Gomorrah - The Anti-Gay Myth”, and “Leviticus Revealed - The Truth." My next book in this series will be titled "Daniel - The Gay Prophet," because Daniel was a gay man. I will be following that one with one on the abuse of the words in the book of Corinthians. My website is www.briangray.com . Go to the catalogue section, and you will find them under the Books section.

And, if you want to see my credentials, you can go to either www.ultimateironpalm.com or www.briangray.com . Either one will show you that I am a serious author. I just happen to be a gay Christian with a degree in Theology and Biblical Languages, as well.
    -----------

Brian Gray has flipped his wig. I bet his degree in theology is as fake as his martial art lineage...
    Last edited by photo-master; 04-08-2009 at 08:33 AM.

BRIAN GrAY

brian gray is a hack. plain and simple. he will not share his lineage or say who his teacher was/is. yet he calls all others who study iron palm that supposedly came after him,"self taught" and say that they all copied him, and he states on his site, he keeps "files" on all of these people. he is a stain on the martial arts community. i do not want his name popping up when people do a search on iron palm. i would rather james lacy's name come up before this j-a-c-k-a-s-s-es. his name needs to be wiped from the martial arts community,period. he is a f**king embarrasement to the iron palm community. so what if he wrote a couple of books about iron palm basic conditioning, any one could have done that, they just chose not to. that does not mean he is the "father" of i.p. in america. ask g.m. gene chicoine or g.m. doo wai about that self proclaimed title.when they were teaching it back in the 70s' but kept the lid on it. if you support gray then you are either,naive,stupid or just don't know. if you don't know then i forgive you, but now the info is out.
    i will not even get into the blasphemous statements he has made about the prophets of GOD. i will leave him and all else with this tidbit of wisdom,"be not decieved,for GOD is not mocked,for whatever a man soweth,that shall he also reap". Gal.6: 7
    the man is treading on thin ice when you go against the Almighty.

"Hail Mary"

San Francisco Syphilis Alert
    http://www.planetout.com/msgbrd/read...197280&go=next

"Hail, Kung Fu, Full of Crap, 
PlanetOut is with Thee, 
Blessed Art Thou Among f-a-gs, and 
Blessed Are the Fleas in Thy Rat Fur Wig. 
Holy Brian, Butt kisser of PlanetOut, 
Pray for Us Outcasts, 
Now, and at the Hour of Our Suspension. 
Amen
    ----------visit http://www.briangray.com and see 10-yr-old pictures of the Master Brian Gray, himself!------------------------------------------------------"
    Last edited by photo-master; 04-08-2009 at 09:46 AM.

L.O.L. that is funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by photo-master View Post
    Lokhopkuen, I am disappointed you feel this way.

https://www.malesurvivor.org/board/u...=243498&page=1

The stigma of sexual abuse for the victims lasts a life time. Just think how many people’s lives he has ruined with his actions. I’m glad this person (user name: jggab) is seeking therapy and has filed a sworn statement.
    It would seem he has made a few mistakes and many enemies.
    I'm sorry he injured your life and relations.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up