View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 729 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2296296797197277287297307317397798291229 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Speaking of the elderly, if you don't mind looking at grandmas then here's my sparring partner on the beach at Cozumel.
    Yao Sing is setting a stunning example of the type of constructive contributions to this thread that will keep things interesting. Well done, sir! I applaud your efforts, and if I may I'd like to make a request for more from the 70's and 80's, kung fu related or not.

Beats the hell out of crap like this:
    "ZOMG I onec tim e sawed a grup of SD stoodents and I beat da sheeyut outt aall of em. I hitted teh furst won and she wus onlee 10 yrs old so hse dropped lik a sak of monkee turdz an then I beatup all teh rest of the jr blak blets, man that systimn sux cuz I put teh smalkdown on there blak betls. When I lookd at teh pics on the webz, i loled in reel life cuz their a pathetical joke."
    Yes sir, the check is in the mail!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Speaking of the elderly...
    Make space in your in box ...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Hey Yaosing,
    anymore grandma's where you found that one?
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Yao Sing is setting a stunning example of the type of constructive contributions to this thread that will keep things interesting. Well done, sir! I applaud your efforts, and if I may I'd like to make a request for more from the 70's and 80's, kung fu related or not.

Beats the hell out of crap like this:
    "ZOMG I onec tim e sawed a grup of SD stoodents and I beat da sheeyut outt aall of em. I hitted teh furst won and she wus onlee 10 yrs old so hse dropped lik a sak of monkee turdz an then I beatup all teh rest of the jr blak blets, man that systimn sux cuz I put teh smalkdown on there blak betls. When I lookd at teh pics on the webz, i loled in reel life cuz their a pathetical joke."
    LMAO . I like this last bit !! I feel like we have been argueing with a ten year old.

What does having the ability to hold a side thrust have to do with martial skill?? I know people that do yoga and ballet that can do that, does this mean that they are superior martial artist??

I want to see this guy in action. hell I would like to see him challenge any of the masters!!

Taht wuold b funni!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    LMAO . I like this last bit !! I feel like we have been argueing with a ten year old.

What does having the ability to hold a side thrust have to do with martial skill?? I know people that do yoga and ballet that can do that, does this mean that they are superior martial artist??

I want to see this guy in action. hell I would like to see him challenge any of the masters!!

Taht wuold b funni!!!

Or just post a vid of him throwing the same kick. So we can see his dynamic expression of course!
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

i have no clue how to post a video to tell you the truth or post aphoto if i idnt have the camera phone i wouldnt have my ppictures up at all lol

id honestly like to spar with any master of any style just to see! itd be fun!
    but when shaolin do gets one let me know!

i can just make a video with a camecorder of me doing my stuff and send it to one of you guys if you want id plannd on eventually doing that anyway to get my name out there and then maybe some one can post it on youtube for me

good luck with ya boy and the army!

Goju, I'll post your stuff if you want to send it to me. Let me know and I'll give you my email.

Now back to some 70's stuff. My old chopper, definitely 70's style. Daughter was born in 1976 so this is late 70's. 1972 Honda CB750F,
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

And to spur some Kung Fu talk I posted this a few years ago when someone asked about using Plum Flower Poles.

I built my portable set with pvc from Home Depot and it's easy enough to make up a routine or just practice random moves. I don't have much in the way of KF video.

Have at it.

Opps, had to add it back to youtube. Don't know why it's not there anymore. Here's the new link.

Can't say I haven't contributed.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 05-15-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

now that takes some skill lol

i used to be able to balance on a brick stood vertically in the one leggged buddha praying positon but ive been lazy with that and need to get back on it

have you ever fallen on one of those poles lol i was imppressed with the pics though!

Nice pics, thank you! I think you even pacified GoJu for a minute. I like getting some martial arts photos, that's a good idea with the PVC posts. I like the 70's photo too, sweet chopper man.
    Yes sir, the check is in the mail!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

I really enjoyed the pics I like your MC I have one too but not an antique/ I am saving for an Indian I hope one day. I like the posts was that 3 or 4 inch PVC good idea though mind if I copy. ?? WEll Go Ju see we arent all inept and bad guys KC

BTW I stretched out this am at 6 45 and got the full split both right and left front sides are still a little short right now but I think I got 165 deg with my chest on the floor with the side split , just thought Go Ju might be curious not bad after an injury and at 50 yrs old.
    Last edited by kwaichang; 05-16-2009 at 05:48 AM.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Mayflower post training pics

1. Who remembers the posts put in the old sand volleyball area behind the Sportscenter in Lexington? About a dozen of them, 12 inch diameter, 2-4 ft off the ground (various heights) if I remember correctly. Did we not train on them wearing those homemade platform shoes, and carring the pickle buckets full of water?

2. Also: How can that be TCMA -- he's wearing khakis from JC Penney. They didn't have khaki's from JC Penney in Shaolin. Its got to be a fraud! (YS - I hope you see my tongue in cheek -- I love your form and traiing ingenuity).
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Do you have a BB no 3.95 at JC Penney HaHa KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !