Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand Up and Applaud NFL Players!

Stand Up and Applaud NFL Players!

So proud of those guys! It was annouced a couple of days ago that Rush Limbaugh was trying to buy the St Louis Rams.

Well, I've heard that there are many players who are now coming out and simply stating they will not play for a team owned by this man...Bravo!

Surely the NFL will not allow this racist to buy the team...will they?

I hope not.

In theory his beliefs should not matter because we are all free to think what we want.. but the reality is, he is a racist jerk and should not..

Quote Originally Posted by karateguy View Post
    I hope not.

In theory his beliefs should not matter because we are all free to think what we want.. but the reality is, he is a racist jerk and should not..
    He is a racist? Can you perhaps back that up with quotes? Or video? Or op-eds he wrote?

And I'll bet no players sit out over him owning a team. No athlete is going to throw away millions of dollars over something that stupid. Perhaps you should look at other NFL owners before you throw stones. How did Georgia Frontiere get control of the Rams in the first place? What about Eddie DeBartolo Jr and his pleading guilty to criminal charges while he owned the 49ers?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."
    Proof positive!

And yes, if Limbaugh gets ownership (although I don't think the NFL will allow it in a million years) players will refuse to play and players will refuse to be drafted to the Rams.

Limby has got to learn there is a real world out there where people actually say "No" to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Proof positive!

And yes, if Limbaugh gets ownership (although I don't think the NFL will allow it in a million years) players will refuse to play and players will refuse to be drafted to the Rams.

Limby has got to learn there is a real world out there where people actually say "No" to him.
    WOW!! That is proof to you huh?

I guess any criticism of a black is racist to you then huh?

Oh Yeah and if you read it CAREFULLY he is actually criticizing sports writers for being racist!

That is, favoring a poor performer just because he is black!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 10-12-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Already one owner has publically announced he won't vote for Limby. They only need nine vote to kill it. So eight more to go.

My guess is the rest of those owners are hoping he withdraws so they don't have to commit.

If it did come down to a vote I don't think he would get a majority much less the 24 that he needs.

What's funny is the whiney neos are complaining "Prove he's racist".... I or no one else has to prove S. I don't need anything to know that he's a racist and I could care less what a bunch of other racist thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Already one owner has publically announced he won't vote for Limby. They only need nine vote to kill it. So eight more to go.

My guess is the rest of those owners are hoping he withdraws so they don't have to commit.

If it did come down to a vote I don't think he would get a majority much less the 24 that he needs.

What's funny is the whiney neos are complaining "Prove he's racist".... I or no one else has to prove S. I don't need anything to know that he's a racist and I could care less what a bunch of other racist thinks.
    LOL! Your own argument demonstrates you to be as big of a bigot and you accuse others of being. Calling a horse a cow does not make it a cow!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    LOL! Your own argument demonstrates you to be as big of a bigot and you accuse others of being. Calling a horse a cow does not make it a cow!

Cool! I love being called racist by people like you!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Well before this thread it was common knowledge he is a racist.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Football players are driven by money they will play for the paycheck a couple of players say they wont play for the Rams if he is an owner, so what?

Rush is one of several people putting up the funds to buy the Rams.
    He spoke the truth the press was unwilling to critique McNabb they were desperate to see a black QB do well and overlooked his mediocre performance, the racism is on the side of the press. McNabb was a good player not great but it stunk like affirmative action. He doesnt have to be good hes black so he got a pass.

Steven Smith (ESPN) said it best on black players not willing to play for Rush :"They're Lying Through Stinking Teeth"

Rush is no racist.

LOL at anyone gullible enough to think players will give up millions of dollars to not play for a team owned by Limbaugh. The sad part about this whole situation is that it sends the message of pure fascist notions that because a man does not fit into what is identified as the typical NFL owner, whatever the hell that is, he may be denied to purchase this team. I personally do not like Rush, but I feel he should have the opportunity to purchase this team if he wishes without being labeled a racist. The comments shown above do not indicate in any way, shape, or form that Limbaugh is racist. Just because someone is conservative or republican they are automatically labeled racist, which is both unfair and a bigoted approach itself.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
    I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
    Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
    The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies
    Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Oh I totally believe Limby is a racist on par with any Klan member. He's just smart enough to hide it well.

In any case, do you have sources for those quotes. I mean I totally believe he shares the same philosophy as a David Duke but I don't think he was stupid enough to make statements like that....was he?

MK, we need the source for those quotes.

I know for sure the one about slavery's merits was a quote initailly put in someone's book and was not sourced. Then it was put on on his Wiki page, but removed for lack of sourcing. He has publicly stated he never uttered that quote, and challenged anyone to source it.

The others need sourced too, btw.

Here is what Rush himself said yesterday on his show...

"The last sound bites there are from Mercury Morris, and he was on CNN's Newsroom yesterday afternoon, and Rick Sanchez could not believe what he was hearing from Mercury Morris. Now, every one of these people from Rick Sanchez to David Shuster to Tamron Hall to James Carville -- who really knows better. James Carville knows me. We have socialized together. James Carville is repeating this totally fabricated lie attributed to me about slavery. We have tracked its origins. Its origins are in 2005, a blogger who was throwing it all over the Internet and then got it into my Wikipedia entry in the Wiki quotes, and even there it says it's unsubstantiated, "disputed," but these people are still going in there and using it. These are professional journalists: Rick Sanchez, Tamron Hall, David Shuster -- who, by the way, NBC already suspended Shuster once for saying that the Clintons "pimped" out Chelsea Clinton.

There was a guy, a sportswriter on MSNBC yesterday morning. Zirin was his name, Dave Zirin from TheNation.com. And then we had Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. And a guy named Drew Sharp and numerous personalities on ESPN have repeated that quote and another quote, both of them totally fabricated. It is breathtaking at his. There is no way anybody could have made -- and they say the statement happened in 1998. They all say that. Well, the guy that posted it, his name is "Cobra," by the way. That's his moniker on the Internet. You can hide and be anonymous on the Internet and he's been posting it all over the place, and he claims that he got it from a book.

By the way, the publisher is Nation Books in New York and the quote, he said he got it from a book written by some guy named Huberman, Huberman's book, 101 Worst People in America or whatever. It was published in 2006. The problem is he was spreading it in 2005. We know who the source of this is. We know that the guy that wrote the book did not source the quote! Nobody can source it because it wasn't ever made. I never said it. And look at all of these people who are repeating it without checking, and these are the people who tell us that they are the professionals, that they are the ones we should trust to weed out what's garbage and what's not garbage in the "sewer," they say that is the Internet. They are the sewer! They are the sewer, and they are in the midst of it. They are waste and they are promulgating waste all over the place! (interruption)."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...108.guest.html

I'm curious, how many of you guys using unsourced quotes as proof he is a racist have actually listened to the guys show or read his books?