Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Withdrawing "the Boys"

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Cryptorchidism is the word of the day. We could even start calling the trolls here Cryptorchi****s.
    Thanks Gene, and we can thank the fact that I have to learn about this stuff because I'm a Human Bio major.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    If you can pull "the Boys" up into your body, they can not be smashed by a kick or ripped off by a grab.
    the time used to develop this "skill" could be better spent on more effecient techniques.

seriously, some of the crap people spend thier time on is beyond my understanding.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    the time used to develop this "skill" could be better spent on more effecient techniques.

seriously, some of the crap people spend thier time on is beyond my understanding.
    in some styles that do this, it is a byproduct of the training. It is not something that is an isolated practice, so it is not detracting from time spent developing other skills.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    in some styles that do this, it is a byproduct of the training. It is not something that is an isolated practice, so it is not detracting from time spent developing other skills.
    Ever seen anyone do it in a fight?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ever seen anyone do it in a fight?
    Haven't seen any naked kung fool fights or done any inspections.

Haven't seen any naked kung fool fights or done any inspections.
    You need to move to Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You need to move to Colombia
    How about Peru? You know they have a large Chinese population there.

How about Peru? You know they have a large Chinese population there.
    Yeah, but for nude kung fu groin kicking, nothing beats Colombia, just ask HW8, LOL !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    he's shooting his new movie with Uki down there, titled "BAREBACK SPARTAN MOUNTAIN"
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    he's shooting his new movie with Uki down there, titled "BAREBACK SPARTAN MOUNTAIN"
    All actors will be required to sport mustaches... to hide the stretch marks.

Watch and listen(specially, Sanjuro)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q1WDGSUn44&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Watch and listen(specially, Sanjuro)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q1WDGSUn44&NR=1
    it's a good clip, and has been discussed on here at length; this is about as "authentic" as one can get in this particular tradition;

and while I am not in anyway disparaging his skill, I do think he does the viewer a disservice to assert that power generation has "nothing" to do w/muscle, and that it relies on "organs" and "tendons"; I just think that it's a gross oversimplification, and does not actually describe what is really going on;
    fact is, if you move, if you generate power of any sort, you are using muscle - I would defy anyone who believes otherwise to simple hook up external EMG monitors and see if they can move without generating a signal;

however, what I think he is trying to articulate, and this is just my personal perspective, certainly I can't prove it, is that if you use your muscle according to so-called "internal" principles, then you are using them in a harmonized / unified manner, and that you are optimizing their contractile properties along w/the elastic recoil component of tendon, and along with the function of the breath (which requires coordination of both muscle and non-contractile elastic recoil to function optimally), and because of this unification of muscle w/all these things, you are able to respond to both ground reaction force and the force of your opponent in a "lively" manner, one that would not be possible if one's muscular system were contracting inappropriately; this, I believe, is why so much of the training focuses on proprioception - from static standing, to moving forms, to partnered drills: I believe that you are training the muscles to respond in a way that if more sensitive to the forces acting upon them, and matching those forces in a way to achieve a desired outcome;

oh, and BTW - if u want to vountarilly pull up the testies, u need to train the cremaster muscles to go from purely reflexive to volitional, that's all;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremaster_muscle

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    it's a good clip, and has been discussed on here at length; this is about as "authentic" as one can get in this particular tradition;
    There is even more to it, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn
    and while I am not in anyway disparaging his skill, I do think he does the viewer a disservice to assert that power generation has "nothing" to do w/muscle, and that it relies on "organs" and "tendons"; I just think that it's a gross oversimplification, and does not actually describe what is really going on;
    fact is, if you move, if you generate power of any sort, you are using muscle - I would defy anyone who believes otherwise to simple hook up external EMG monitors and see if they can move without generating a signal;
    I agree and of course no one can move without using their muscles but this lineage is notoriously (and understandably) secretive. So all you are going to get from them are hints. Those who have trained this system the way it was meant to be will know what he means. It is a question of emphasis and a particular way of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn
    however, what I think he is trying to articulate, and this is just my personal perspective, certainly I can't prove it, is that if you use your muscle according to so-called "internal" principles, then you are using them in a harmonized / unified manner, and that you are optimizing their contractile properties along w/the elastic recoil component of tendon, and along with the function of the breath (which requires coordination of both muscle and non-contractile elastic recoil to function optimally), and because of this unification of muscle w/all these things, you are able to respond to both ground reaction force and the force of your opponent in a "lively" manner, one that would not be possible if one's muscular system were contracting inappropriately; this, I believe, is why so much of the training focuses on proprioception - from static standing, to moving forms, to partnered drills: I believe that you are training the muscles to respond in a way that if more sensitive to the forces acting upon them, and matching those forces in a way to achieve a desired outcome;
    What you describe holds true for Chow Gar (up to a point) as well as some other none related internal kung fu styles and methodologies. It is just that Chow Gar, (together with Pak Mei, Dragon, etc , I am told)have their own distinct methodologies that are not going to be in any YouTube videos. However, there are hints to them in what certain Masters may publicly say. Of course, each MA-ist will interpret them in relation to their personal experience.

I believe that your take of it is pretty d@mn good for someone who has not practiced this style. Of course, that reflects a meeting point of different Internal approaches.

HW108

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    oh, and BTW - if u want to vountarilly pull up the testies, u need to train the cremaster muscles to go from purely reflexive to volitional, that's all;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremaster_muscle
    Pull up my testicles, when they have just dropped??? NO way....