Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Withdrawing "the Boys"

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    There may be a "trick" version of taking kicks in the groin, just as there is when it come to breaking bricks, but I am informed that there is a practice where the testicles are drawn in.
    No offense Hardwork, but it is bs. Not only have I trained in the MAs for over 40 years, but I also work in the medical field. I know human anatomy. I teach human anatomy as a part of martial arts training. The "boys" just don't work that way, except in the case of a medical condition that can occur prenatally. And it that case it can take a medical procedure to bring them out of the body cavity.
    This is one of many martial arts myths passed through generations. Chalk it up to the old "nose bone through the brain" bs.
    Seeing is believing, unless you see this in person and feel the scrotum to attest that one or both testicles are absent, then reappear, it will remain a myth. Frankly, I'll pass on testing it that way.
    Richard

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Seeing is believing, unless you see this in person and feel the scrotum to attest that one or both testicles are absent, then reappear, it will remain a myth. Frankly, I'll pass on testing it that way.
    oh he likes 'feeling' the scrotum. that's how he knows all this 'mythological' internal MA's. He's a closet master after all and they know this kinda stuff.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    No offense Hardwork, but it is bs. Not only have I trained in the MAs for over 40 years,
    No offense either but this forum is full of MA "experts" with "decades of experience".

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis
    but I also work in the medical field. I know human anatomy.
    Again, no offense, but we have a few of those here too...LOL.

One of them, Taai Gihk Yahn, who also has a good bit of TCMA experience, and is a person that has so far made more sense than the rest of the "decades of experience" Modern MA group, has made a post in this thread that would seem to disagree with your take on this practice.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&postcount=28

I teach human anatomy as a part of martial arts training. The "boys" just don't work that way, except in the case of a medical condition that can occur prenatally. And it that case it can take a medical procedure to bring them out of the body cavity.
    This is one of many martial arts myths passed through generations. Chalk it up to the old "nose bone through the brain" bs.
    Even though this is not a skill that I have mastered I believe it to be real as there are others that are seen as myths by those whose experience is in other areas of MA practice.

Seeing is believing, unless you see this in person and feel the scrotum to attest that one or both testicles are absent, then reappear, it will remain a myth.
    The clip I provided earlier shows the BBC presenter feeling the master's scrotum!

HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q1WDGSUn44&NR=1

Frankly, I'll pass on testing it that way.
    Richard
    I thought you medical practitioners did that all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    oh he likes 'feeling' the scrotum. that's how he knows all this 'mythological' internal MA's. He's a closet master after all and they know this kinda stuff.
    Right now I would love to use my Tiger Claw tearing technique to "feel" your scrotum.

One of them, Taai Gihk Yahn, who also has a good bit of TCMA experience, and is a person that has so far made more sense than the rest of the "decades of experience" Modern MA group, has made a post in this thread that would seem to disagree with your take on this practice.

[url]http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?
    note, I said that would be all one would have to do - so in theory, it's a possibility; but in reality it may not work - I personally do not have this capacity, nor have I ever verified someone who could; although, Dave Ross (you may know of him), has claimed that Chan Tai Shan "demonstrated" this for him and that he directly verified it (well, supposedly sifu grabbed his hand and made him verify it, LOL)

so I guess that means you'd have to take David's word for it

Right now I would love to use my Tiger Claw tearing technique to "feel" your scrotum.

You have no technique other than mouth boxing

and I do not want to see an example of that skill.....
    Be well, train hard

Dale Dugas
    Shizi, Jiulong Baguazhang Instructor
    Master Level Dit Da Jow Manufacturer
    New England School of Acupuncture Master's Program

Boston Baguazhang

Combat Iron Palm Iron Vest Training

Boston Baguazhang on Youtube
    IKFF Forum

CDIA Supplies
    PO Box 35
    Quincy, MA
    02171-0001

617-595-8097

info@bostonbaguazhang.com

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    note, I said that would be all one would have to do - so in theory, it's a possibility; but in reality it may not work
    Still the BBC presenter had a "feel", so I guess it seems that some people may be using a methodology that may give them such abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn
    I personally do not have this capacity, nor have I ever verified someone who could;
    I do not have this capacity either however my Chow Gar sifu had informed me that this is a real ability, although he did not believe it to be a necessary skill to have, because a strong and well placed kick could also hurt or damage one's p$nis.

although, Dave Ross (you may know of him),
    Isn't he the guy who teaches some form of "kung fu" tagged, MMA/kick boxing in New York and sees any posts validating actual TCMA methodologies, as a threat to his internet student recruitment attempts resulting in him making unprovoked attacks at the posters, many of whom, don't even know him? If he is, then I know him very well.

has claimed that Chan Tai Shan "demonstrated" this for him and that he directly verified it (well, supposedly sifu grabbed his hand and made him verify it, LOL)
    I have heard another version of that story where Chan Tai Shan spent the last 15 years of his life searching for Dave Ross's balls and never found any. However, don't take my word for it as there seem to be many "myths" in the TCMA circles.

so I guess that means you'd have to take David's word for it
    The TCMAs must be in a sad state for any of us to have to rely on Dave Ross's word when there are genuine TCMA masters such as the one in the video clip I posted who can verify given methodologies.

Luckily for me I don't need to rely on the word of people such as Dave Ross regarding any thing to do with TCMAs.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-02-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Bagua View Post
    You have no technique other than mouth boxing

and I do not want to see an example of that skill.....
    Why should you? As you have nothing to learn from me when it comes to mouth boxing skills.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-02-2010 at 08:32 PM.

As for my decades of experience. I can prove mine. Though some here may not have been training or even born then, please check out back issues of Inside Kung Fu 1984-1986. You will find advertisements and reports from the seminars I conducted and my martial arts videotapes that sold across the country. Those who have any questions about my ability or character can contact Mike Biggie (NPM Akron, Ohio) and/or Yang Shu Ton and his senior instructors (Wu Tang Akron, Ohio). They have known me for over 20 years. Another reference might be Gino Belfiore (Hung Gar, Northern Shaolin, Monkey, Shuai Jiao Cleveland, Ohio). Though I realize that is only twenty of my over forty years of experience, I think that is probably all the references I will need.
    As for pulling the "boys" into the body cavity, believe as you desire. But remember the Chinese also used to recommend drinking mercury and warming acupuncture needles by placing them in their mouths before treating patients as a part of TCM, so don't believe everything taught by an "old master". Fortunately we have come a long ways. Sometimes martial arts displays can be summed up with the Chinese phrase: gua yang tou mai gou rou.
    Richard A. Tolson
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 01-02-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: thunk a sumpin else

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    As for my decades of experience. I can prove mine. Though some here may not have been training or even born then, please check out back issues of Inside Kung Fu 1984-1986. You will find advertisements and reports from the seminars I conducted and my martial arts videotapes that sold across the country. Those who have any questions about my ability or character can contact Mike Biggie (NPM Akron, Ohio) and/or Yang Shu Ton and his senior instructors (Wu Tang Akron, Ohio). They have known me for over 20 years. Another reference might be Gino Belfiore (Hung Gar, Northern Shaolin, Monkey, Shuai Jiao Cleveland, Ohio). Though I realize that is only twenty of my over forty years of experience, I think that is probably all the references I will need.
    As for pulling the "boys" into the body cavity, believe as you desire. But remember the Chinese also used to recommend drinking mercury and warming acupuncture needles by placing them in their mouths before treating patients as a part of TCM, so don't believe everything taught by an "old master". Fortunately we have come a long ways. Sometimes martial arts displays can be summed up with the Chinese phrase: gua yang tou mai gou rou.
    Richard A. Tolson
    I guess it is your experience pitted against the experience of the Chow Gar master in the video clip, who happens to be the genuine lineage holder of Chow Gar (and not an unknown China man who stepped off the boat yesterday) as well as my sifu who confirmed that this skill existed (even if he personally did not consider it as significant for MA prowess).

Furthermore, there are fakes in every walk of life. There are thousands of people who die and or develop cronic conditions because of the side effects of modern medicine as well. So it is good to see things in perspective.

As for you qualifications, I don' t know either way. So, I am not assuming that you are good nor that you are bad. All I can say that there are people here with impressive MA resumés in their profiles who do nothing but make clueless comments the minute the TCMA discussion moves beyond the hitting people on the head level.

Furthermore, the world is full of kung fu associations and their members. Most of them are businesses and are more concerned with making $$$$$$ through classes; dvd sales and seminars, etc. than promoting genuine TCMA practices and methodologies.

The few genuine and authentic kung fu kwoons that I have crossed paths with have been low profile schools and not part of huge business franchises. The training was not standardized and the aim of the sifu was never to maximize class sizes but to maximize his attention to each student.

I have just stated the above to show the limits of written credentials and what I say is not meant to reflect an opinion regarding your qualifications nor your knowledge. I may have an opinion on your knowledge and you of mine if we interact more in these forums in the future as one usually can comprehend the degree of the other's knowledge through genuine TCMA discussions.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-02-2010 at 11:21 PM.

there are fakes in every walk of life.

And you are one in this walk of life, so STFU idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    And you are one in this walk of life, so STFU idiot.
    Doesn't Dave Ross ever sleep?

Doesn't Dave Ross ever sleep?
    Why don't you ask him, ya fucking dimwit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Why don't you ask him, ya fucking dimwit?
    Why does Dave Ross swear so much?

I guess it is your experience pitted against the experience of the Chow Gar master in the video clip, who happens to be the genuine lineage holder of Chow Gar (and not an unknown China man who stepped off the boat yesterday) as well as my sifu who confirmed that this skill existed (even if he personally did not consider it as significant for MA prowess).

I may have an opinion on your knowledge and you of mine if we interact more in these forums in the future as one usually can comprehend the degree of the other's knowledge through genuine TCMA discussions.
    I am not trying to dismiss the man in the video by any means. So I am content to agreed to disagree peacefully.
    I appreciated your other comments and agree with most of them.
    Richard