Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

whats wrong with a reverse punch?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    For those who wish to deny that the ORIGINAL GRACIE STRIKING was based on Karate, I suggest that they review the Kodokan manual.
    What does the Kodokan manual have to do with karate?

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I'd invite both KF and goju to reflect on the "challenge match" between JF Springer and the two dykes that started on KFO maybe two/three years ago, and what a watershed event that was (not).
    Actually, the Springer dust-up was was a perfect example of the TMA bull$hit getting proven as as bull$hit. Springer had been posturing for years about his "too deadly for the ring" techniques (which also included his "devastating" chi na). He was easily taken down and dominated by a kid who weighed 80lbs. less than him who was only a blue belt in BJJ.

It was a classic case of a theoretical non-fighter going full force against someone who trained realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    but actually as ive said though im trolling dale i love messing with guys like him on line

i knew nothing was or is going to come of it just as nothing came of the los angeles shaolin doh masters who were supposed to come here and kick my arse its all just mindless posturing an e-p@nis measuring
    Thanks for admitting what you denied before. That you are simply a little pu$$y troll-boy who has never and will never step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Thanks for admitting what you denied before. That you are simply a little pu$$y troll-boy who has never and will never step up.
    oh if you ever decide to be a man and come down here like you SAID IN OUR PMS i would be happy to meet you dale

but you me and every one knows youre just some washed up old man who talks **** behind his computer lol

OH BUT ONLY IF YOU WERE YOUNG A FOOT TALLER AND LIVED IN DENVER THEN YOU WOULD SHOW ME!
    AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

What does the Kodokan manual have to do with karate?
    It is sad that all of your points really just boil down to semantics.

Actually, the Springer dust-up was was a perfect example of the TMA bull$hit getting proven as as bull$hit. Springer had been posturing for years about his "too deadly for the ring" techniques (which also included his "devastating" chi na). He was easily taken down and dominated by a kid who weighed 80lbs. less than him who was only a blue belt in BJJ.

It was a classic case of a theoretical non-fighter going full force against someone who trained realistically.
    You are putting words in people's mouths now too. Neither Goju and I have made any claim other than the fact that chin na is useful in a prescribed set of stations. Moreover, elements of chin na can be applied in more situations if you adopt the "MT shell."

We asked you in your "infinite wisdom" to show us better if you could, and as of yet we have only seen one technique that has managed to fit the bill as an all purpose ring/street technique. Moreover, we contend that you will simply end up showing us chin na if you continue with your ridiculous pursuit. Maybe you should spend a bit more time studying upright fighting and less time with your internet posturing. Obviously, you can't discuss anything intelligently when your method of argument is to play semantics and put words in people's mouths.

It is sad that all of your points really just boil down to semantics.
    The fact the the Kodokan is judo and not karate is just semantics? I'd say it speaks more to the fact that you are clueless about most things you try to make a point about.

It's interesting that Goju is now being called the coward when Knifefigher is the one with the excuses. I am just saying...

The fact the the Kodokan is judo and not karate is just semantics? I'd say it speaks more to the fact that you are clueless about most things you try to make a point about.
    I suppose that you need a history lesson right? Really this is how a 3 year old argues.

It's interesting that Goju is now being called the coward when Knifefigher is the one with the excuses. I am just saying...
    i should also add that Knifefighter is also putting words in people's mouths in an attempt to alter the parameters of any potential dust-up and to appear as correct.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    If you're not teaching and practicing things that you see working consistently in sparring/fighting, then you are teaching people to fail.
    I think this goes across the board, this is a general life lesson as a parent..

I have tried to instill this into all my kids..

Great post, I hope others take heed

Quote Originally Posted by karateguy View Post

He also thinks that it is inappropriate to teach standard standing wrist and arm locks because they don't come up in sparring a lot irrespective of their usefulness in other situations.

Quote Originally Posted by karateguy View Post

I think all of us here already realize what Terence said in his post. If it is not working, then you need to relook at what you are doing. The thing is Terence is basically saying in his posts that WC or the training/learning of the TMA system of WC is faulty. I agree up to a point, as 90% of what I see people doing in WC is incorrect IMO, but this is not due to the system itself but to the understanding and intent of the people teaching/participating in the system.

Wing Chun, and all Martial Arts, are nothing without the practitioners giving it life, so it is us that are the problem when talking about WC specifically. We all have our opinions regarding what is right and wrong and how to do things. What gets me is that there are all these variations of WC, can they all be right, when the question is "How do you deal with a jab"? So far I haven't gotten a simple answer from anyone here yet.

James

That is true, but it's also a perfect example of an internet challenge which boiled over into the real world and exposed the absurd and pathetic nature of ALL participants.

JMFC, a fat old guy with a mouth writing cheques his body couldn't cash, a dyke MMA fighter with a baritone roid voice, and a "kid" (a pretty well muscled "kid" IIRC) who appears hetero but hangs out with dykes by choice ... you couldn't get that short story published because it's too ridiculous.

Strewth, guys, get a room ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!