Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservatives are Prudes

Who ever said that Obama was a liberal?

As far as the midterms go: Of course the GOP will gain seats, the party out of power always does so in a 1st term prez midterm. Also you have the fact that Obama will not be on the ballot. People simply won't go to the polls.

As much as the teabaggers value power I say just let them have it all. Anybody who calls themselves liberal knows you can't get any real change in Washington anyway.

As far as taxes goes: Bush cut them to the bone yet this guy is suppose to be running on cutting taxes? Why not just campaign on doing away with taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Who ever said that Obama was a liberal?
    Anyone not living on the same planet you do. The guy is easily the most liberal President in my lifetime, and likely the most liberal in our history.

Also you have the fact that Obama will not be on the ballot. People simply won't go to the polls.
    Voter turnout is looking to be over 50% in Mass today. That's a record for a special election. So that excuse is blown away. Try another one.

Massachusetts voter turnout today may be higher than when Obama was on the ballot.

As much as the teabaggers value power I say just let them have it all. Anybody who calls themselves liberal knows you can't get any real change in Washington anyway.
    Then why did Obama promise 'Change' if he knew he couldn't deliver it?

As far as taxes goes: Bush cut them to the bone yet this guy is suppose to be running on cutting taxes? Why not just campaign on doing away with taxes?
    Bush did not cut them to the bone. He didn't even cut them back to pre-Clinton levels. And fyi, several people have run for office saying they want to abolish the income tax. Those guys always get my vote.

Of course bums like you who don't work don't have to worry about income tax rates. After today's election, you will likely see that the vast majority of Americans are not bums like you, and do care about their tax rates.

Man, a Republican sitting in Ted Kennedy's Senate seat. I never thought I'd see that day. 'Change' is definately in the air.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Looks like another huge night for the Tea Party guys!

Scott Brown beat his Democrat opponent for Ted 'The Swimmer' Kennedy's Senate seat. In Massachusetts, where Obama won by 26 points just over a year ago. Voter turnout was the highest in an off-year election since 1990.

This makes the GOP 3-0 in statewide elections since Obama won the Presidency. And all 3 of those states (Virginia, New Jersey, and Massachusetts) Obama carried in the last election.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Score another victory for the gun toting white Christian soldiers! May they eventually win them all!

Anyway Chris Matthews brough up a good point last night about the midterm elections in 1966. Very similar situation. The liberals had just past civil right legislation.......and they dearly paid for it. I think Matthews said they lost over 40 seats that year. Of course look where it lead us...the assinations of MLK and Bobby Kennedy, The Chicago Pig riots, more war in Vietnam....maybe it's time we hit the streets again.

Let's not even mention Nixon and his power trip. This country is primed and ready for a new Nixon if we go in the same direction we did in the mid 60s.
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 01-20-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Score another victory for the gun toting white Christian soldiers! May they eventually win them all!
    Because the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts is just chock full of Bible-thumping, gun toting rednecks. Face it, you guys got your asses kicked in your own back yard.

FYI, Scott Brown actually carried Barney Frank's district.

Let's not even mention Nixon and his power trip. This country is primed and ready for a new Nixon if we go in the same direction we did in the mid 60s.
    This country is primed and ready for another Reagan if we keep going in the same direction we did in the late 70s.

There must have been a lot of those evil republicans in Mass this week, then. The democrat party failed, their candidate DEFINITELY failed, and they fully deserve the fallout they receive from this.

Problem with BD's logic is, when his party doesn't win, then somehow it was an outrage of justice. Well, we live in a democratic society, where everyone has a vote. The people spoke, and their votes caused a change. Maybe you'd be better off in a country where instead of voting, we just have politicans decide who should win.

I've served under both Rep and Dem presidents, and I support them all. Not because I support their party, but because they were chosen by the people.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Rush Limbaugh said it best...

"This one's for you, Mary Jo."

I don't care about shock jocks, thanks.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I don't care about shock jocks, thanks.
    A shock jock is better than a piece of garbage who leaves a woman to die a slow death so he can try and get away with driving drunk and save his political career.

Truth is we're headed for another 1968. I'd say Obama will be extremely lucky to live to serve a 2nd term.

Look for a Nixon like candidate to come out of nowhere and run against Biden in 2012. I'm still not convinced it won't be Cheney.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    A shock jock is better than a piece of garbage who leaves a woman to die a slow death so he can try and get away with driving drunk and save his political career.

Your hatred is duly noted. Liberals are focused on the here and now.

Your hatred is duly noted. Liberals are focused on the here and now.
    I hate drunk drivers who kill innocent people. I admit it. Do you condone that type of behavior?

Truth is we're headed for another 1968. I'd say Obama will be extremely lucky to live to serve a 2nd term.

Look for a Nixon like candidate to come out of nowhere and run against Biden in 2012. I'm still not convinced it won't be Cheney.
    I'll wager none of this gibberish comes to pass.

Wanna make a ban bet?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post

FYI, Scott Brown actually carried Barney Frank's district.

Then washed his hands very thoroughly afterwards.

Truth is we're headed for another 1968.

And wouldn't that just thrill wannabe hippies like you? Let it go kid, gotta grow up sometime.