Thread: Bak mei?

Threaded View

Ah well, Yum Cha,

No, he didn't tell me this. I don't know the man. I don't study or practice Bak Fu Pai or Bak Mei Pai for that matter. I follow the internal Yau Kung Mun from Tiat Yun and BJJ, only. That doesn't mean that I can't read and research. For the sake of modern historical study, let's let all the cats out of the bags...

Isn't Doo-- Wilkie Wu anyways? Wasn't that the story here about 8 years back or so? That his real name was Wilkie Wu, and that after some triad nastyness, his wife and child got killed, and he fled to America??? This was the story spouted about 8 years back. Good story until everyone realizes, or had realized, that Wilkie Wu was and is a real person living in Canada, who never fled Canada...

I digress...

Wasn't it Wai's father who studied at the same temple as CLC? Who knows? All hearsay until someone comes up with concrete evidence. Wasn't it CLC who studied at that temple? Who knows? All hearsay until someone comes up with concrete evidence.

Did Wai study with CLC in Hong Kong? Who knows? All hearsay until someone comes up with concrete evidence. CLC would have been 70 or so when Doo went there. But, many people for back then to now have said yes on both sides apparently... If you really want to know, (which I don't), take CBL a picture and see how he reacts. Seriously, see how he psychologically reacts...

But, why would CBF and CBL call Doo Wai, which they did according to most involved apparently (No I wasn't there), and ask him not to call what he was teaching in his $$$ videotape, Bak Mei? Why would they even know who he was??? That was the case according to most on both sides. That was back in the late 80s mind you, not the late 50s.

If you go to Guangzhou and ask people, they don't know. If you go to Foshan and ask people, they don't know too. If you go to Hong Kong and ask people, they will just say no, or they don't know too....

The point here, is that noone who really knows about these things ever says ANYTHING about it. I'm talking people who were alive then, training in the 50s and 60s.

Me questioning in any of this has nothing to do with what Chinese Kung Fu men say about each other and their lineages. I couldn't give a shiit about all of that because I know how important lineage, legend, and mah jong is to Chinese Kung Fu men. I couldn't give a shiit who studied with who, for how long, and all of that other useless Bullshiit.

My questioning is more physical if you will. AND my question is,

WHY WOULD DOO WAI KNOW EVERY BAK MEI FORM AND JONG JUST AS IT WAS TAUGHT IN HONG KONG AT THAT TIME??? WHY??? More importantly, HOW???
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 03-04-2010 at 05:52 PM.