Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: black tiger

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    Well, a black tiger is a tiger with an extremely rare genetic condition (makes them look black or almost black)... maybe it was chosen to seem mysterious
    Or it could be sneaky street fighting techniques.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Good point

**** this is a seven year old post where the EF did u guys find this **** at.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    **** this is a seven year old post where the EF did u guys find this **** at.
    but the last post before you is also 8 months ago....

true frankie

but i just remembered poting thius thing way back when i was a wee lad. i was like 16 or 17. man i been coming to this baord for to many years.

But if Doug hadn't resurrected the thread, I'd have missed the statement that "claw" arts are illegal in Texas! WTF? Surely that can't be true?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

i love the idea of illegal claw arts.

as ridiculous as it may be.

lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    YOU'LL TAKE MY FINGERS WHEN YOU CAN PRY THEM FROM MY COLD, DEAD...um..Fingers?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

but i just remembered poting thius thing way back when i was a wee lad. i was like 16 or 17. man i been coming to this baord for to many years.

ahh got u bro...its like a blast from the past

i didnt realise it was ur thread...

talkin bout claws,i recently watched enter the dragon again..Mr Han got some bad arse claws in his shelf...

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Or it could be sneaky street fighting techniques.
    Basically.
    In Hung-Kuen, the term Black is usually used when referring to more vicious techniques. It could simply be the name they chose to match the image they were seeking.

Remember Black Talons? Black,9mm notched hollow points. They made such a big stink about them, that they were taken off the market."They cut through the body like a buzzsaw"was some of the bad press the politicians used.

The exact same bullet is produced by another company and they're called,"Golden Sabers." Shiny Gold notched hollow points.Very heroic-no ban.
    Look at Glazer "Safety Slugs." A safe, happy bullet. Great for kids and pets!

If they painted the bullets powder blue and named them "Fluffies," there never would've been a problem.

So, if you wanted you style to strike fear in the hearts of men, would you name it "Fuzzy Tiger," or "Black Tiger?"
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-10-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    *snip*

So, if you wanted you style to strike fear in the hearts of men, would you name it "Fuzzy Tiger," or "Black Tiger?"
    Fuzzy - Happy- Tiger. Yes.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    In Hung-Kuen, the term Black is usually used when referring to more vicious techniques. It could simply be the name they chose to match the image they were seeking.

Remember Black Talons? Black,9mm notched hollow points. They made such a big stink about them, that they were taken off the market."They cut through the body like a buzzsaw"was some of the bad press the politicians used.

The exact same bullet is produced by another company and they're called,"Golden Sabers." Shiny Gold notched hollow points.Very heroic-no ban.
    Look at Glazer "Safety Slugs." A safe, happy bullet. Great for kids and pets!

If they painted the bullets powder blue and named them "Fluffies," there never would've been a problem.

so do they call african americans black people to strike fear into the hearts of other races. hmmmm........i'm kidding people chill out

so do they call african americans black people to strike fear into the hearts of other races. hmmmm........i'm kidding people chill out

Juts call them Americans. The term African American would deceivingly imply that you have actually been born in Africa, or have some kind of affinity with the place other than that your great grandfathers great grandfather came from there. If I had to move to America (and became an American), would I be an African American? I was born in Africa. Not black tho.

Back to black tigers...

were there actually such things as black tigers in china?
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Juts call them Americans. The term African American would deceivingly imply that you have actually been born in Africa, or have some kind of affinity with the place other than that your great grandfathers great grandfather came from there. If I had to move to America (and became an American), would I be an African American? I was born in Africa. Not black tho.

Back to black tigers...

were there actually such things as black tigers in china?
    yea that wasnt the point of the comment. im african american, my fathers parents came from africa but even if they didnt i would consider myself african american, nobody can tell me what i am, or what other people of african decent choose to associate themselves by. blh blah blah yackity shamackity. that wasnt the point of what i said i was making a rather amusing subtle joke about what one of the posters said about black being a fearful word. nothing about african american or american or none of that PC bullsh!t that i choose not to discuss or associate. this thread that i started so 7 or 8 years ago was about black tiger kung fu and thats what were discussing before you brought that **** up and just really cheesed me off. anyway back to the topic at hand, i'm not sure but i dont think there is a such thing as black tigers. if you read the above post you would see the reason thy call it black tigers and see why i said what i said above and then your gonna erase your nonsensical post because it was pointless. good morning

sorry... my post was really tongue in cheek. Apologies if I offended you. If you didnt knwo that about me, then Im so sorry

I do actually have an article somewhere which I can contribute to this discussion (on the Black in Black tiger), but for some weird reason I cant seem to find it on my pc.

I know the Tai Sing Pek Gwa Black tiger form. Form is pretty fluid with quick foot work, slightly different to the other tiger forms I have seen.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )