Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: one of the better wing chun clips on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    I believe that I just proved that I can

You keep telling yourself that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Dude you’re funny has h#ll, and I know the difference...

Ali Rahim.
    Thanks Ali. These knucklehead "kungfu-ist" kickboxers bring out the humor (and sometimes my lunch).
    Last edited by HardWork8; 10-14-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Dude you’re funny has h#ll,.

I was really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now you have taken two steps back again...

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    You keep telling yourself that...
    Of course I will. What, you think I am going to waste my time talking to people like you?

I was really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now you have taken two steps back again...
    The only steps he has taken are the ones he has used to squash your non-existant credibility even further.
    Last edited by HardWork8; 10-14-2008 at 01:20 PM.

First of all that Wing Chun sifu in your video didn't even seem to know his striking, let alone ground fighting.

Two Reasons:

Reason 1:
    For whatever reason Wing Chun grappling techniques are not taught in most Wing Chun schools. Most of the "sifus" don't even know that they exist.

Yes, surprise, surprise, it is the "Standardize and make quick money" kung fu phenomenom, also known as the Mc dojo/kwoon phenomenom.

So let me guess, any vid of any WC 'sifu' losing and/or looking clumsy and silly must necessarily be one of those who just haven't gotten that super-special training, right? Most 'sifu' don't even know it exists, but you are sure it is an intregal part of 'da realz' WC, right? Any WCer who loses simply hasn't been privy to this -super-special, almost no one knows about, but is a central part-training and/or goes to a McKwoon, right?

That works out pretty well. Any WC who admit this weakness in WC are not 'da realz,' any vid showing a WCer losing is in fact (by the super-special logic of WC) proof that they are not 'da realz' because 'da realz' would of course have won, and no evidence of this super-special training need be provided because it is so super-special and rare and whydon'tyougotoChinatownandfightsmartguy? Right?

The credibility is just off the scale!!!

The only steps he has taken are the ones he has used to squash your non-existant credibility even further.

Yeah...that's exactly what has happened...

I will attempt to answer your queries as seriously as possible () as it seems that you have made an effort to write one of your longest posts in this forum. I know that it must have put a lot of stress on your fragile attention span.

So let me guess,
    First of all, you have been "guessing" wrong up to now. What makes you think that now you are going to guess right?

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai
    any vid of any WC 'sifu' losing and/or looking clumsy and silly must necessarily be one of those who just haven't gotten that super-special training, right?
    Not even that. Some of them look like they haven't gotten the basic training.

Most 'sifu' don't even know it exists, but you are sure it is an intregal part of 'da realz' WC, right?
    Right.

Any WCer who loses simply hasn't been privy to this -super-special, almost no one knows about, but is a central part-training and/or goes to a McKwoon, right?
    Not always. There are some kwoons that teach the striking aspects of Wing Chun very well.

That works out pretty well. Any WC who admit this weakness in WC are not 'da realz,' any vid showing a WCer losing is in fact (by the super-special logic of WC) proof that they are not 'da realz' because 'da realz' would of course have won,
    You have missed the point (yet again!). People can lose or win fights and no stylist is immune from that. It is how they lose or win fights that tells the story.

As I stated before, the wing chunner in your video did not even seem to be a good striker.

and no evidence of this super-special training need be provided because it is so super-special and rare
    It is rare apparently and unfortunately (I mean that!).
    As far as the evidence goes, I have the evidence and so do some others. On the other hand, you and some of your Glorified (and currently silent) kickboxer friends are the ones who don't have the evidence.

whydon'tyougotoChinatownandfightsmartguy? Right?
    Right!

However, if you take that suggestion then don't blame or sue me if as a result you end up even more brain damaged than you are now.

The credibility is just off the scale!!!
    Of course it is and that is why you should do more kung fu research before you open your "forum" mouth.

I don't even wanna guess what is going on behind all those ignores, LOL !

People, people, there is only one video that shows the real WC:

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/kick...er-for-ip-man/
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

With clowns like this claiming to be the standard-bearers

I hope no one still seriously wonders why WC doesn't get the respect they think it deserves.

Trying to get back on the actual topic, are there ANY videos of WC that actually everyone can agree on?
    Besides Donnie's of course
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    cjurakpt, you've covered the bio-mechanical / physiological basis for lower dan tien breathing but can you expand on the "why"?
    Is it really more than getting more oxygen into the lungs/blood?
    when you inhale deeply w/"natural" breathing (abdomen relaxes / expands on inhalation), respiratory diaphragm descends and presses against the contents of the abdomen, which move in response because the anterior abdominal wall is not contracting; this slowly increases intra-abdominal pressure, which has the effect of "squeezing" or wringing out the abdominal viscera; this contributes to generalized lymphatic venous return, as well as mechanically stimulating the various viscera, which enhances function in general; again, because the abdominal contents are not firmly held in place when you do this, this seems to encourage a parasympathetic nervous system response (the de-stressing or "rest / digest" part of the autonomic nervous system), which has the effect of inhibiting stress response;

the second type of breathing is a bit trickier to understand / explain, because of what you actively do while inhaling and exhaling; basically, when you inhale, you contract anterior abdominal wall, as well as pelvic floor (and also pedal arches, IMPE); this has the effect of creating a "box" where the intra-abdominal pressure increases more quickly and to a greater degree; as such, it limits movement of viscera and descent of the RD more quickly and therefore creates more movement of the rib cage earlier on, and has the effect of actually allowing for greater power of the RD to expand the lower / mid costal cage because it is stabilized more firmly now (some people call this thoracic breathing, but don't confuse that with upper chest breathing, because here it's still RD that's driving the breath, not the accessory muscles); in general, this has a tonifying effect on sympathetic nervous system ("fight /flight" or immune response); one reason for this is that it increases intra-abdominal and intra-thoracic pressure faster and to a greater degree, and also really mobilizes the rib-cage, because it expands it more; right next to where the ribs connect to the spine are, from T1 to T12, the sympathetic chain ganglion, which are "activated" by this combined movement / pressure; as such, you can feel "charged up" doing this sort of breathing: increase in BP, HR, you feel warmer, you can get the hair on your arms to stand up, that sort of thing; this is what yogi's call Fire Breathing; when practicing Taoist internal cultivation, this type breathing is often used to assist opening up various internal channels (e.g. - the whole imagery of "dragons ascending in the field" is based on this type of breath); the whole notion of "enticing the breath" is based on this; and that's why when you do this sort of breathing, you don't just tighten your gut and butt and huff / puff away - it's a lot more subtle than that, the way you "pluck up" the pelvic floor in conjunction with keeping the anterior abdominal wall firm - it's very easy to force this and end up with undesired results, which is why this sort of thing is not recommended to do on one's own as a beginner (for example, you can get a whopper of a headache if you push it too hard the wrong way);

BTW, I'm sorry this wasn't six pages long and full of more unnecessary jargon; I will try to do better next time

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Trying to get back on the actual topic, are there ANY videos of WC that actually everyone can agree on?
    The problem is as Unkokusai said; whenever a WC guy loses the excuse is he didn't have 'The Real WC'. The only ones of them 'winning' are compliant one-step demos. There have been claims of it working in 'alive' situations, but I've never seen any videos of that. Supposedly Ali has a few, but he won't put them up.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    when you inhale deeply w/"natural" breathing (abdomen relaxes / expands on inhalation), respiratory diaphragm descends and presses against the contents of the abdomen, which move in response because the anterior abdominal wall is not contracting; this slowly increases intra-abdominal pressure, which has the effect of "squeezing" or wringing out the abdominal viscera; this contributes to generalized lymphatic venous return, as well as mechanically stimulating the various viscera, which enhances function in general; again, because the abdominal contents are not firmly held in place when you do this, this seems to encourage a parasympathetic nervous system response (the de-stressing or "rest / digest" part of the autonomic nervous system), which has the effect of inhibiting stress response;

the second type of breathing is a bit trickier to understand / explain, because of what you actively do while inhaling and exhaling; basically, when you inhale, you contract anterior abdominal wall, as well as pelvic floor (and also pedal arches, IMPE); this has the effect of creating a "box" where the intra-abdominal pressure increases more quickly and to a greater degree; as such, it limits movement of viscera and descent of the RD more quickly and therefore creates more movement of the rib cage earlier on, and has the effect of actually allowing for greater power of the RD to expand the lower / mid costal cage because it is stabilized more firmly now (some people call this thoracic breathing, but don't confuse that with upper chest breathing, because here it's still RD that's driving the breath, not the accessory muscles); in general, this has a tonifying effect on sympathetic nervous system ("fight /flight" or immune response); one reason for this is that it increases intra-abdominal and intra-thoracic pressure faster and to a greater degree, and also really mobilizes the rib-cage, because it expands it more; right next to where the ribs connect to the spine are, from T1 to T12, the sympathetic chain ganglion, which are "activated" by this combined movement / pressure; as such, you can feel "charged up" doing this sort of breathing: increase in BP, HR, you feel warmer, you can get the hair on your arms to stand up, that sort of thing; this is what yogi's call Fire Breathing; when practicing Taoist internal cultivation, this type breathing is often used to assist opening up various internal channels (e.g. - the whole imagery of "dragons ascending in the field" is based on this type of breath); the whole notion of "enticing the breath" is based on this; and that's why when you do this sort of breathing, you don't just tighten your gut and butt and huff / puff away - it's a lot more subtle than that, the way you "pluck up" the pelvic floor in conjunction with keeping the anterior abdominal wall firm - it's very easy to force this and end up with undesired results, which is why this sort of thing is not recommended to do on one's own as a beginner (for example, you can get a whopper of a headache if you push it too hard the wrong way);

BTW, I'm sorry this wasn't six pages long and full of more unnecessary jargon; I will try to do better next time
    Don't worry, no harm done. I was keeping my head down while you were
    d1ckwaving all over the place. I just hope that you didn't break any items of furniture in your room.

HW8 is easily intimidated because he knows he's a fraud and an idiot.