Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day

To all those who have served and to those who are currently serving, thank you. Without you we wouldn't be enjoying the freedoms we have.

Never have so many owed so much to so few....

Good words for us to remember.

As for myself and on a personal note:
    My Dad served in Portugal during the african wars of independance ( Angola and Mozambique) and I served in Bosnia as a peacekeeper.

My Dad taught me many things, the most crucial is that War is NOT the answer nor the solution, though it CAN be the means to both IF there is no alternative ( case in point WWI and WWII).

My time in Bosnia showed me the hate and violence beget hate and violence, the fuel each other and that fuel either exhausts itself or is put out by compassion, love and understanding.

I had a few friends in the army but never really deep friendships ( I was a sniper and we tend to be, well...different) so I wish I could say that there was SOMEONE that touched me, but there wasn't, not an individual anyway but seeing my fellow Canadian Peacekeepers in Action, and our American Brothers along side us ( though not always physically), made me proud that a military force was protecting innocents and truly being what I always believed a military force should be: Protecting those that can't protect themselves.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The traditional Poem we have here in Canada on Remeberance Day:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

"happy"?

Remember, War is over if you want it.

your welcome, US Army 80-83.

Remember the vets

My grandfather was a Colonel in the 100th in WWII. If you know your history, you know that was called the Purple Heart Battalion. One of my dearest possessions is my grandfather's purple heart medal, which he gave me as a child when I was way too young to truly understand it. It rests now above my ancestral altar.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

My dad was Army Air Force in WWII. He basically nailed Hula girls in Hawaii for 4 years.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Happy Veteran's Day

I just wanted to say Happy Veteran's Day to all of the forum's past or current soldiers and to the family members of those who may have served. I served in the U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division from 2000-2003. I took part in O.I.F.

I went to a Veteran's Day ceremony at my university today. I got to shake hands and talk briefly with John E. Dilibois, one of the last living Nazi interrogators from the Nuremberg Trials. Unfortunately, I was under-dressed for the event. My past experience with such observances at other universities was rather casual, but this was far more formal. Let me just say out of all the people that had their picture taken with Mr. Dilibois, I was the only one wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a cow talking to a gallon of milk. I need to track down that photographer ...
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 11-11-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    My dad was Army Air Force in WWII. He basically nailed Hula girls in Hawaii for 4 years.
    outstanding.

Thumbs up

a big salute to any one in uniform in the past or at present

Happy Veteran's Day to all of my fellow comrades! Hooah!!!!!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for,
    Is their monument to-day, and for aye."
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    now thats a tour worth signing on to.....

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

RIP SPC Brown.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)
    so true....