Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Hi. I am going to take up archery, and I know someone mentioned that they either make or have a line on someone who crafts hand made native american bows. I can't remember if that was on this forum or someone I talked to in real life.

Is that you Goldenbrain? Hook me up brother.

Anyone got a connection? Not looking to purchase immediately but I will be looking at some point in the not to distant future.
Hi,
Cool idea! I just wanted to say that if you (or generally anyone) are looking for a Native American bow, and are going to pay money for this, make sure you actually support native crafts-people. I think there was a law passed not too long ago that non-native people do not have the right to sell "Native American crafts" and pass it off as authentic Amer. Indian. Another reason is that Amer. Indian people who do take up craftsmanship rely on this as an supplementary income, and there is much competition from non-native fake craftsmen.
One vendor/ craftspeople on the east coast where I live is the Wandering Bull (wanderingbull.com). They are a father/son run business and are Wampanoag out of Carver, MA. Not sure if they make bows though. If not a Google search should steer you in the right direction. And of course if you are a bit of a craftsman yourself you can always DIY it.