Shi Yongxin has been working on books that show the "definitive" version of popular Shaolin sets, after interviewing folk masters and comparing things and adding any missing movements, etc.. This has been going on for several years. I have been hearing about him wanting everyone in Shaolin (at least those under him) to conform to this new standardization of all the sets.

As for Shi Decheng conforming to it as well, I heard this from a Shaolin friend who has been training at his school in Dengfeng regularly for the last few years. He said he has learned 3 or 4 versions of Meihuadao, for example, just from Shi Decheng alone. Upon asking why he changed the way he does all his sets now, he says it is because of what Yongxin is pushing.

I assume it's not so easy to keep hold of all the Yongxin disciples around the world and make sure they are doing their sets the same way now. Hence, some still doing it their unique way. That would probably require some sort of huge meeting.

But not all the books have been published. Only a handful, and it's said he's planning to cover over 300 sets, ending with the weapons.

Maybe keep this for the interview question! See what his plans are with the books also! I'm not sure how fast they are coming out, but they are quality material.