Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minnesota Mom Hit With $1.5 Million Fine for Downloading 24 Songs

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Or, businesses would encourage undocumented workers to come across the border to fill those slots for less pay with no benefits.
    Ok, let's just say you're 100% correct here. Why then are you not voting for people like Jan Brewer who have taken a strong stance against illegal immigration?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Ok, let's just say you're 100% correct here. Why then are you not voting for people like Jan Brewer who have taken a strong stance against illegal immigration?
    Brewer not withstanding, I have no problem with people from anywhere coming here legally. But, I also have a problem with businesses that encourage side-skirting the process, like McDonald's, who has for years tried to lobby to pass "temporary" status to workers so they could ship them back across the border before they had to be paid benefits.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 11-17-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    no chance of doing if they "kept it real"...
    When 'keepin it real' goes wrong.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Brewer not withstanding, I have no problem with people from anywhere coming here legally. But, I also have a problem with businesses that encourage side-skirting the process, like McDonald's, who has for years tried to lobby to pass "temporary" status to workers so they could ship them back across the border before they had to be paid benefits.
    So who is McDonalds lobbying? Which political Party is trying to get amnesty and pass the DREAM act? Which Party is suing a State for trying to fight illegal immigration?

Also, I believe Arizona's controversial law does fine emplyers who hire illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    So we "get em back" by stealing? That's like saying I don't think the pricing on that diamond ring is fair, so as payback, I'm going to steal it.
    i never once said i thought it was ok for people to steal intellectual property... simply stating what i know to be true and where i think the industry should go...

if somebody rips a cd they paid for and doles it out for free, they are stealing, its a crime, no question... but you cannot penalize one person to recoup the costs for the actions of many...

and here is something else i know... everyone here reading this has been guilty of stealing at one, more likely lots, time in their lives... esspecially since everyone here has downloaded or watched or listened to jacked material... jacked software... ALL OF YOU ARE GUILTY... and i am too... but it is stealing and we are criminals by the very definition...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    firemen are heros.
    right... so what is right here... should a hero lose their house because they sent their kid to one of the best schools when some financial anylist told them it was ok(when they knew the crash was comming but needed to keep funds comming in to remain solvent, fukcers) but then money troubles come, they lose their house, while some retard useless popstar bought four homes and probably will never even sleep at some of them??? is that right? life is so unfair, but we have a way of keeping it unfair...