Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney will be the new President

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I think his point was that the problem with democracy is that people tend to be self-serving and because of that, they will vote for the one that will serve their interest and not that of the WHOLE of society the best.
    Of course elected officials will NOT serve them anyways, but serve those that financed their election (prioritize).
    A candidate with a platform of government reform and fiscal prudence will NOT be elected when going against one that promises to increase government spending on services to the people, even if the government HAS NO money for such.
    Good thing we live in a Republic, then, huh?

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I think his point was that the problem with democracy is that people tend to be self-serving and because of that, they will vote for the one that will serve their interest and not that of the WHOLE of society the best.
    Of course elected officials will NOT serve them anyways, but serve those that financed their election (prioritize).
    A candidate with a platform of government reform and fiscal prudence will NOT be elected when going against one that promises to increase government spending on services to the people, even if the government HAS NO money for such.
    on this I bequeath upon you the title of Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Good thing we live in a Republic, then, huh?

thats the tattoo i have on my back, minus the dogface on the left.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

A song for all of you from your President:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PLIJc7YE_jw
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Today is a sad day for America, Isreal, jobs, and the future young people of America.

Today is a great day for China, Al Queda, unemployment, less oil drilling, illegal immigrants, high gas prices.
    Ah, but how does it taste?

today is just another day. when the aliens attack al queda will be one of our fiercest weapons against the overlords

Canadians are not white. They are an unholy alliance between white and black...mulato. Oh wait! That is the French half. Never mind.
    wtf???

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Called it!
    You had a 90% chance of being right had you called it 6 months ago, let alone yesterday.

Sounds like Harper! And we know Allison fits that bill. Her pal Daryl bought her cheap. 300 for a whole provincial gov, that's what I call a deal. Now that they have been exposed she has no choice but to shit on the stadium idea. Rexall will still do better numbers than ever tho. |In Alberta, that is.

Thankfully our neo cons have nothing on what we see down south.
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-07-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    today is just another day. when the aliens attack al queda will be one of our fiercest weapons against the overlords
    When the revolution comes, we can be friends. The rest will have to go. We can keep Bawang as a guard dog, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    You had a 90% chance of being right had you called it 6 months ago, let alone yesterday.
    Do not steal my great victory from me.

I personally regard those as regulated through a system of law and taxation within the representative democracy. If people can give buy in to the shared pot that continually gets filled and taken from generation by generation you can see the sense of it.

I think that when corruption finds its way into power structures that you have to put in place a system of rigid checks and balances to ensure that all runs as optimally as possible and does what it is intended to do in all the various concerns it functions within.

The problem is not in giving the people their voice. The problem is corrupted minds that live life as if the world owes them something and the greed that ensues and that is no matter the political structure.

At the very least one could say that democracy, or rather representative democracy is the best place to develop those systems that make living better for the greater amount of people.

"I like to pay taxes. It is purchasing civilization" — Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Democracy needs to continue to develop imnsho.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I personally regard those as regulated through a system of law and taxation within the representative democracy. If people can give buy in to the shared pot that continually gets filled and taken from generation by generation you can see the sense of it.

I think that when corruption finds its way into power structures that you have to put in place a system of rigid checks and balances to ensure that all runs as optimally as possible and does what it is intended to do in all the various concerns it functions within.

The problem is not in giving the people their voice. The problem is corrupted minds that live life as if the world owes them something and the greed that ensues and that is no matter the political structure.

At the very least one could say that democracy, or rather representative democracy is the best place to develop those systems that make living better for the greater amount of people.

"I like to pay taxes. It is purchasing civilization" — Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Democracy needs to continue to develop imnsho.
    Democracy is a lot more developed here than in some places in the Middle East where women get buried and stoned to death for adultery. Oh let me guess...that is the US's fault. We cause these barbarians to act barbaric due to past injustices.

Democracy is a lot more developed here than in some places in the Middle East where women get buried and stoned to death for adultery. Oh let me guess...that is the US's fault. We cause these barbarians to act barbaric due to past injustices.
    you are weak.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you are weak.
    Weak looking...yes. But I am the man that all your wives and girlfriends are secretly fuking behind you'd backs. I would rather be "weak" than deluded.