Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
Lol at your fear of taking a punch from a normal fist.

It is 100% possible to body spar regularly without gloves. No issue at all in doing this and there is literally no sense in doing it with gloves, at all, ever

With face punching you do need to do it regularly without gloves to make your wing chun functional as Graham H says. I made similar arguments a while back (although Graham gives more and better reasons) and got ridiculed but it is true, wing chun doesn't work properly without gloves. If you don't spar without gloves you aren't sparring wing chun. More likely you are boxing. Boxing is the hitting style that works gloved (obviously). You just need to do it as often as you and your training partners can stand it.

This is probably a horrible reality for some people but it is true.
We were not talking body sparring. I think even then you want gloves to prevent incidental damage.

I keep hearing about this sparring with no protection so why can no one simply show me a video?

If wing chun can't be practiced without gloves then you simply can't spar seriously which means you can never develop into a good fighter. It is the gear that allows us to put in the rounds.