Xu has set this situation up so its a loss for Taiji whatever. The young Chen village guys train Sanda, which Xu is saying is not valid, as even if they win they arent using Taiji to fight him.

My hope is this whole thing will drag CMA out of the hole its dug itself into. Just yesterday was training in the park with Rendahai, and a guy in beautiful white silks turned up next to us, a crowd surrounded him with camera phones while he did some little tricks having people grab his write... all the while looking really smug and full of himself.

As Lei Lei discovered, getting punched in the face by someone really wanting to hurt you is very different to doing Push Hands in the park. What I think he should have done was stand his ground, cover his head and meet the force head on. That would have allowed them to go into close enough range for him to at least attempt his Push Hands stuff. If I get overwhelmed in sparring, my general reaction is to do this, and then stick to the opponents arms so I can limit his attacks and gain some control over him.