Thread: Shi Xiaolong aka Kung Fu Prince aka Ashton Chen

Shi Xiaolong aka Kung Fu Prince aka Ashton Chen

We've actually done a lot with Xiaolong. I've been remiss in posting a thread devoted to him here.

Shaolin Masters Keeping the Faith by Gigi Oh and Gene Ching (2008 November/December cover story)

The Other "Little Dragon" Shaolin Temple's Superstar, Child Prodigy Shi Xiaolong By Gene Ching (2000 March)

In the Dragon's Den: Grandmaster Chen Tongshan and his Superstar Son, the Little Dragon Shi Xiaolong By Gene Ching (November/December SHAOLIN SPECIAL 2003)

He's mentioned in some of my blogs:

Shaolin Trips - Episode Two: Reigning in at the Brink of the Precipice

Shaolin Trips - Episode Three: Resting on a Pillow

Shaolin Trips: Episode 4 - A Hero Watching the Formation: Chapter Six: Xingqisan (Wednesday)

Shaolin Trips: Flashback

I've watched him grow up. Given all this coverage, he's also in my book Shaolin Trips.

Updated: 2011-07-11 17:15
    'Kung Fu Prince' Ashton to star in disaster movie

Kung fu actor Ashton Chen, better known by his Chinese name Shi Xiaolong.[Photo/CRIENGLISH]

The production team of the Sino-Australian 3-D disaster movie, "Bait", recently gathered in Beijing. It has been announced that China's "Kung Fu Prince" Ashton Chen will play a leading role in the movie.

Director of "Resident Evil: Extinction", Russell Mulcahy, joined forces with the famous special-effects team led by Kimble Rendall to take charge of the film, while Ross Emery, cinematographer for "Superman Returns" and "The Matrix", takes charge of the camera.

"Bait" has finished shooting in Australia, and is due to switch location to China, with filming scheduled to begin soon.

Ashton Chen, who portrays a member of the China International Search and Rescue Team in the movie, is set to show off his kung fu skills while carrying out daring rescue attempts. He is also set to be involved in an on-screen romance with new star Zhao Xin.

The movie revolves around a tsunami which occurs off the Gold Coast of Australia, bringing with it a swarm of blood thirsty sharks.

2012 is the expected release date.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Follow up on Deng Qi

Martial arts school death not suspicious
    chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2019-04-17 10:12

A photo of the 7-year-old girl surnamed Deng. [Photo/Red Star News]

An investigation team has ruled out beating or other suspicious circumstances as the cause of death for a seven-year-old girl who died at a martial arts school in Dengfeng, Central China's Henan province, two days after she enrolled, CCTV has reported.

The conclusion comes after forensic experts from Dengfeng and Zhengzhou conducted an examination of the girl's remains and public security carried out an investigation at the school.

The girl's parents had no objection to the findings, and the case will not be registered as a criminal case.

The girl's parents sent her to Xiaolong Martial Arts School on Sunday. At 9:40 am on Tuesday she fell to the ground during a class break and died before an ambulance could reach the scene.

According to previous media reports, the girl's father said there were kick marks on her stomach when he saw her remains at the mortuary.

"The surveillance camera was far from my daughter. It seems like someone pushed and kicked her," Deng said after watching a video clip obtained from the school.

Public information shows that Xiaolong Martial Arts School's legal representative is Chen Tongshan, father of actor Shi Xiaolong.

The school has more than 12,000 students and over 2,000 teachers.
    THREADS:
    Shi Xiaolong
    Martial Arts Deaths

Also noteworthy - Grandmaster Chen Tongshan was featured on our 2008 NOV+DEC cover story: Shaolin Masters Keeping the Faith so I copied this to our Nov+Dec 2008 thread too.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart