PDA

View Full Version : This forum is on the brink of death..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]

Kristoffer
11-05-2005, 02:04 PM
:D

ah! how could u!

CaptinPickAxe
11-05-2005, 04:26 PM
he forgot a few more peeps...

bodhitree
11-07-2005, 11:26 AM
CPA
my humble apologies [bow]

Mizri
11-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Kris, Looking forward to hear what you've done.
SifuBeats I tried to call you the other day but your celly just rang and rang and rang.
And then your insane voice message came on. lol.
I'll give you a holla again soon.

another site to investigate.

www.myspace.com/mizrimusic

it even has blogs and stuff. but not as much music.
If any of you are on it , add a brother.

CaptinPickAxe
11-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Sorry, bout that... wasn't really expecting your call and I have this thing where I don't answer numbers I don't know. If you call anytime around 6pm-10pm Central Standard, I'll pick up.

I'm working on a MySpace account this very second, too.

Kristoffer
11-17-2005, 12:40 PM
dangdiddely

I was recording last night. I realized my gear is crappier than I thought. I just can't get it to sound good. I'm disapointed coz it just sounds like crap. The 'green men' track was pretty grimey itself but ur beat is so clear and so good that I can't pass off my poor quality on it :(

so it's completely back to the drawing board for me..

Mizri
11-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Perseverance.
Hope all is well otherwize.
Peace folks.

Mizri
11-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Yo Drop a vote for ya boi Mizri deadline ends soon.

To vote first of all you need a myspace account so Sign up at www.myspace.com and set up a profile, It's similar to hi5 but a bit more interactive and geared for music lovers and musicians.

Once you have an account you can proceed to this site

www.myspace.com/therealhiphop5280 ADD them as a Friend first, When they Accept you thier Display Pic will show up on your page.

Go back to thier site once they've accepted you and leave a comment. Simply scroll to the bottom of thier page and click on AAdd Comment.

In your comment place your vote for Mizri

be sure to also Add Mizri as a friend www.myspace.com/mizrimusic
Thank you ,
I appreciate the love.
GodBless,
Mizri.

Mizri
12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
dunno how regular u folks check this if any at all.
But I just wanna say I made it to round 2 of the competition.
I'll be performing with the rest of the competitors who made it
to the second round. Blessings to everybody here on the ORA
Miz'
(SC107)

Starchaser107
12-07-2005, 10:28 PM
VOTE by Phone if you can .

303 317 6229

and say "MIZRI"

Kristoffer
12-10-2005, 03:59 AM
whats poppin. Im back from Milano. chaser is it too late to vote? I'm gonna try call today

Mizri
12-10-2005, 11:14 AM
thanks for da help

Vash
12-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm the least hip poster on this-here thread.

Dang.

Kristoffer
01-07-2006, 02:41 PM
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_vids/acoustic_guitar_skills.wmv

Mizri
01-11-2006, 11:18 AM
fa reeaal yow,
dat well skillfull yes.

Yung Apprentice
02-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Wow, things have changed around here, but this thread is still here, so big ups for that!:D

Kristoffer
02-06-2006, 05:41 AM
you know it

:eek:

Yung Apprentice
02-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Did yall miss me? Ya know ya did:D

Kristoffer
02-07-2006, 08:22 AM
u know it :cool:

dwid
03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Wow, I haven't posted on KFO for like 2 years, and it hasn't changed much at all.

This thread is still going, for example.

Weird, wild stuff.

Anyone hear from formercastleva lately?

Kristoffer
03-06-2006, 03:41 AM
Hi. I don't have internet in my new place so I'm not around much. And this thread isn't really that active.
I have some contact with Castleva on msn these days. He's not in to any martial arts but mostly music and shows like McGuyver.

dwid
03-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Hi. I don't have internet in my new place so I'm not around much. And this thread isn't really that active.
I have some contact with Castleva on msn these days. He's not in to any martial arts but mostly music and shows like McGuyver.

Hi Kristoffer, thanks for the reply.

That's weird (McGuyver, I mean). Well, to be honest, since starting grad school, I haven't been doing much MA, other than occasionally practicing the Bagua I already know.

Anyway, pass on a hello to Castleva for me.

Kristoffer
03-07-2006, 10:34 AM
yeah sure Ill do that

CaptinPickAxe
03-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Remember:
You and the Captin can make it happen....if you're a fit chick

Howzat, ORA?

Vash
03-12-2006, 10:27 PM
uh . . . I think you misspelled "fat chick."

Mizri
03-13-2006, 10:55 AM
hola gatos

Kristoffer
03-17-2006, 04:44 AM
greetings from snowland

Vash
03-17-2006, 07:17 AM
I've lost 25lbs in 2 weeks. Sicknes = teh suxorz.

Kristoffer
03-17-2006, 08:18 AM
cold?

I dont have internet in my new place so I'm ice-olated from important stuff like gaming sites

Mizri
03-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I miss sand and sea. joo know.

Kristoffer
04-05-2006, 03:43 AM
no doubt. its not even spring here..

dwid
04-14-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm drunk, so here's some poetry...

A lonely leaf

A lonely leaf floats gentle on the breeze,
Caress of moon provides a subtle glow.
A refugee from elder, solemn trees
Who beckons thoughts away where dreamers go.
And ours was just a momentary meeting,
A chance “coincidance” on this cool night.
And like all things, this moment, it is fleeting –
My mind so often supercedes my sight.
A lesson learned in span of easy breath,
But for its short duration no less real –
How angry, stubborn men die many deaths,
And never learn to see, or hear, or feel.
But students of the ever changing wind
Who bend a thousand ways but never break,
Who see the puzzle piece with which we’re pinned,
But ne’er succumb to fight for fighting’s sake
Can emulate this simple windborne leaf,
Who’s maybe not so lonely after all.
Escapee from the prison known as grief,
Who learned to fly by forgetting how to fall.

dwid
04-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Untitled

- Michael P. Tichy

Why is it so hard to stop?
To see the forest, we miss the trees.
Attention spans like soda cans,
We hitchhikers on honeybees.
For pausing doesn’t win the race,
But maybe gives a moment’s rest
To question why the wretched pace,
That sterilizes every nest.
So birds of every feather start,
A blinding field of countless hues –
Are bled unto some shades of gray;
To equalize we all must lose.
And yet all this, a grain of sand,
That looms because it blocks the eye,
And all it takes is but a hand,
To let the awful vision die.
A handful of such hands I’ve known,
But they could only plant the seed.
The message I had to infer,
From wind’s sweet whisper through the reeds.
And once inferred, the letting go,
Like severing of hardened roots –
To free the essence, liquid being.
To taste a million different fruits.

dwid
04-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Untitled

- Michael P. Tichy

I watched the sunset’s beauteous dance,
The clouds were gilded with fading light,
And passed through red and purple to gray,
As day passed into moonlit night.
And time, thought I, reflected here
Stakes each part to its proper place.
We cannot trust, and so we fear,
And try like mad to beat time’s pace.
But we, as motes caught in the wind
Can flail and struggle all our days,
And all we gain is what we lose,
For time is measured many ways.
So often have I sighed aloud,
Embittered by my soul’s decay,
As life stands still, a rancid pool,
And day fades into numbing day.
If I could just awaken then –
Tear through this “dream within a dream,” –
And see with eyes fixed here and now,
It might not so unseemly seem.
Why must we all sleepwalk so,
And only wake for glances?
Illuminations just a glow,
Whose rarity romances.
I watched the sunset’s beauteous dance,
It fades like my convictions.
And time shines through this joke on me,
Reveals my truths as fictions.

dwid
04-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow, my drunken posting of poetry killed this thread I think.

No posts in over a week.

Sorry guys....

jethro
06-12-2006, 11:34 AM
but this forum now has more than 1 thread:eek:

CaptinPickAxe
06-12-2006, 02:24 PM
That jackhammer is so real...

Vash
06-29-2006, 07:35 PM
. . . Quien es mas macho, mi amigos?

Banjos_dad
06-30-2006, 02:11 PM
y la respuesta es, Ricardo Montalban. Si, el Ricardo Montalban es el mas macho.

why should this forum not be on the brink of death? i thought the name of the site was "Kung Fu Magazine.com" if a tree falls in the forest and noone is there to notice, does it make a sound at all?

answer: *Yes, but only squirrels are there to hear it.* lol

Kristoffer
07-02-2006, 02:28 AM
are u calling me a squirrel?

Vash
07-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Truth.

Of course, we understand that Okinawa karate is the ONLY answer . . .

btw, ST107, could you post a link to your music page again? Somehow, it (and over half my bookmarks) disappeared. And I do so hate not having quality tune-age.

Vash
07-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Whoah, after this post, it's 202 posts till we hit 10,000.

Banjos_dad
07-03-2006, 07:34 PM
you are no more a squirrel than this forum is a tree.

*cough* benefitofthedoubt

lol

Kristoffer
07-04-2006, 03:32 AM
I kinda always wanted to be a squirrel though. no seriosly, atleast when I was a kid. That dream slowly faded away.. Guess I should celebrate then.

So, Brink of Death Crew how is ur summers?

Banjos_dad
07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
we are finally getting into our rainy season here. it rains mainly in the summer. it's the best time of year imo. and it means that the new crop of green chiles will be ready pretty soon . yum

i always wanted to be some kind of a bird, because they can fly.

Starchaser107
07-04-2006, 06:41 PM
I kinda always wanted to be a squirrel though. no seriosly, atleast when I was a kid. That dream slowly faded away.. Guess I should celebrate then.

So, Brink of Death Crew how is ur summers?

It's Summer and that's all that it needs to be.
LEO'S RULE!!!

Oh my bad wrong forum. :)

Asia
07-05-2006, 06:41 PM
I just want to be part of this historic thread.:D

Vash
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM
www.myspace.com/mizrimusic

Bless

Awesome, thanks.

CPA, where's yours? Losing bookmarks is teh sux0rz.

Kristoffer
07-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Banjo - chili? I kinda like rain too but if anyone around here knew they would decapitate me considering we finally got some decent sun goin.

V - is it this one u mean? http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=90908 maybe he has more..

Banjos_dad
07-07-2006, 01:51 PM
hey Kristoffer, yeah everyone here pretty much hopes for all the rain we can get, all year round. I am orig from Oregon and northern California with some time in Hawaii (waikiki and Kailua) so i am a child of the rain, it could rain every day and i'd be cool with it. here we get a measly 12" a year or so in Alb, more in the mountains. still not enough.
picture of some nice green chiles (http://planet.tvi.edu/nade2005/Homepage_included_pages/MSS_chile2_270x178.jpg)

we call it chile here, the raw material. 'chili,' like they spend so much time on in texas (cook-offs etc), is a dish made using chiles as a secondary ingredient, plus meat, beans, tomatos, cumin etc. the two terms are so close though it doesn't matter how you say it they are interchangeable here.

like kung fu, it doesn't matter so much how you spell it, as much getting the desired effect. quan/chuan/kuen etc.

great, now i am starving. haven't eaten anything all day so i am out of here to go eat something. maybe a green chile cheeseburger.
** went to the Burger King in the Phoenix AZ airport some years back and asked for green chile on my burger, i figured i was close enough to home and the culture there was close enough that they would do that there too, but no. the wank at the register looked at me like i was from outer space lol. I guess when you make a living repeating **** into the mic at the airport slop chute, you've gotta jump on any opportunity for feeling better than someone else lol. just like when you live in alb, you have to point out how another town actually sucks more than ours does cough *phoenix* lmao, opportunities to do that are few and far between.

Kristoffer
07-08-2006, 08:56 AM
hehe ok I see. I like rain but the kind of storms we get here are ridiculous. As long as u dress rights it's no problem. The climate up here is too cold to produce chili I guess.
And u just reminded me how hungry I was...

Starchaser107
07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I too am hungry

Banjos_dad
07-21-2006, 10:57 AM
i am hungry about half the time.

it stopped raining here :mad:

we need more posts here unless you all want the shaolin-do controversy to surpass it in length.

this is in Other Related ARts, isn't it?

okay who likes to throw shuriken/'throwing stars'?
what is the best way you have found to throw them? i have tried throwing them with an inside->out motion (like a frisbee) but don't get a lot of power from that. I have also thrown them overhand, like a baseball, this gets good power and accuracy but then my elbow hurts pretty bad for a couple of days afterward,
btw, my stars are the unsharpened, stamped kind. i figure if i can stick the unsharpened ones into a wood target, that represents a sufficiently powered throw in that a sharpened one would do damage on flesh.

any thoughts or suggestions?? thanks in advance...

Starchaser107
07-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Ok , Well Since It's Other "related Arts"
Then I Guess It's Ok To Mention Performing Arts , Such As The Hip Hop Show I'm Involved In Tommorrow. I Heard We're Cashing With This Big Dj'ing Event Up In Boulder Though But Hopefully We Still Get A Good Turnout.
I Can't Throw Stars, But My Sifu Was Good At Throwing Knives And Stars... Sorry I Know That's Not Of Much Use.
I Never Really Had Much Of A Taste For Missiles Or Projectiles Sharpened Or Of The Explosive Nature. I Prefer To Bludgeon, Bash, Hack And Slash My Way Through Things.

Starchaser107
07-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Ok , Well Since It's Other "related Arts"
Then I Guess It's Ok To Mention Performing Arts , Such As The Hip Hop Show I'm Involved In Tommorrow. I Heard We're Clashing With This Big Dj'ing Event Up In Boulder Though But Hopefully We Still Get A Good Turnout.
I Can't Throw Stars, But My Sifu Was Good At Throwing Knives And Stars... Sorry I Know That's Not Of Much Use.
I Never Really Had Much Of A Taste For Missiles Or Projectiles Sharpened Or Of The Explosive Nature. I Prefer To Bludgeon, Bash, Hack And Slash My Way Through Things.

Banjos_dad
07-21-2006, 12:36 PM
any feedback is worth something.
hand to hand is great but i like the long range techniques as well. Throwing a sharpened projectile at another animal is a serious thing in any context so I can see how some would be put off by that, it's all good. i just know there have to be some other martial artists online here also interested in the use of edged projectiles. just sort of as a sideline.

nothing delivers the message like a hand or foot technique to the noggin imo. That is where the attitude lives so i always like to target the melon lol. Not that there is anything wrong with a good strong shot to the belly :D

good luck with the dj show, i hope it goes well

Starchaser107
07-21-2006, 03:57 PM
I respect the skill it takes to throw something , aim and hit something from long distances and so forth. That's great hand eye co-ordination. Actually human brainwaves change to a meditative state when focusing on targets like that. There were studies done on sharpshooters (rifles) and Archers both exhibited this tendency to go into superconsciousness while focusing on thier targets.
I've just never felt the desire to do things that way.

Oh and I'm gonna be emceeing at a different show , I was just saying that our shows clashed.
Anyway thanks much.

I'm sure somebody somewhere is offering a seminar about the thing you seek.
Happy hunting.
Good Luck.

Kristoffer
07-22-2006, 09:02 AM
nice, rip that ****

I tryed to learn throwing knifes once but the knifes I used were crap. thats my excuse and Im stickin to it

Banjos_dad
07-22-2006, 04:27 PM
i do a lot of long range shooting myself. I keep that totally separate from fighting though, because so many people here die from unnecessary gunshot wounds. Being proficient with guns is something like CPR, something that is good to know but you hope you will never ever need to put into practice.
I did a little hunting as a kid and i have had my fill of seeing things expire prematurely, needlessly. i am a buddhist now, a bad buddhist but sincere enough anyway. trying to find the middle way.

can we talk about food or music now?
yum, yummy food. My gf has developed quite a sushi habit, something i never would have tried on my own, i usually have some nice teriyaki chicken or nega-make, but i have actually tried some california rolls (beginner sushi for skeptics lol) and ****ed if i don't kind of like it. I like tempura a lot too, but i worry about what all that breaded & deep fried stuff is doing to my insides. i'm at the age where you start to think about wys to prolong your lifespan :D

Vash
07-22-2006, 07:20 PM
teh good stuff.

First day back from vacation. Ate high-dollar food, ice cream, shakes, pizza, and a beautiful woman :o

Work sucks. Responsibility sucks. College sucks. Send me back to vacation-land.

Starchaser107
07-23-2006, 06:39 PM
We ripped the show. The very small crowd that was there enjoyed it. Jeeez it's a start. Colorado isn't famous for it's hip hop scene or support but the heads that came through gave us good feedback.

Speaking of food, I've developed a tase for fajitas recently and have taken to making my own. It all started one afternoon @ Chili's with my wife. Now I can't stop myself.:p

When Banjo said : "Being proficient with guns is something like CPR, something that is good to know but you hope you will never ever need to put into practice." I had to agree. I want to learn how to use firearms but I don't want to keep one in my home.

Has anyone ever seen Lord of War, with Nicholas Cage. That was a good movie.

More news in the lates.

Kristoffer
07-24-2006, 02:41 AM
V I feel u on the subject working. All for the greens I tell u.
Sushi is getting old. Its too expensive for me these days. I get no student loans on summers so I have to work like a slave to get that rent done. I could work up alot of cash but I feel I need as much free time as possible concidering Im stuck with studies the rest of the year. So Im goin half speed I guess. One month ''vacaition'' from training too... thats' the bad part.

yo good to hear u rippin that btw

Banjos_dad
07-24-2006, 12:00 PM
yum, fajitas. The Cadillac of soft tacos! :D yum.

Kristoffer
07-25-2006, 06:52 AM
yeah fajitas is the ****. falafel is, too

Former castleva
08-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey. I came to honor you.

Kristoffer
08-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Nice havin u around. Keep that gym thing goin

CaptinPickAxe
01-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Ahh...what would the ORA be with out the drunken, vulgar uncle CPA...

If you don't know who I am...ask the godfathers...

Kristoffer
01-22-2007, 05:44 AM
OG comin thru

CaptinPickAxe
01-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I just came to shill some more bull**** and **** off some n00bs.

That and rep the ORA fam...

Meat Shake
02-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Shill?
What in the holy fvck is shill?
like sh*t but ill?
Which would mean like pizzing out of your arse?

I hate fvcking profanity filters. I hope they die.

Kristoffer
02-12-2007, 04:38 AM
*shaking my meat*

its stake time everybody

Meat Shake
03-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Im drunk again.

冠木侍
04-11-2008, 09:15 PM
It seems that way...let's see if we can change that.

doug maverick
07-28-2008, 08:43 AM
man i think this is the oldest and longest running threa on the whole **** forum.

GreenCloudCLF
10-11-2008, 05:26 PM
It's sad how a thread titled "This forum is on the brink of death..." hasn't been touched in over 2 months:(

doug maverick
02-20-2009, 11:14 AM
well the thread is almost ten years old. people are bound to run out of **** to say. if u read through this thread you will fnd so much **** people talked about that this thread should be the official OT. board.

冠木侍
02-21-2009, 12:49 AM
well the thread is almost ten years old. people are bound to run out of **** to say. if u read through this thread you will fnd so much **** people talked about that this thread should be the official OT. board.

Let's not go there please. There will never be an officially OT designated board.

Taryn P.
02-21-2009, 01:01 AM

If you read through 656 pages of this thread, you need to go out and get a life.

doug maverick
04-01-2009, 11:30 AM
If you read through 656 pages of this thread, you need to go out and get a life.

actually i didnt.and didnt say i did.

banditshaw
04-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Obviously the Forum never died.:D